RightSLE for X#

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
rjpajaron

RightSLE for X#

Post by rjpajaron »

I am porting this right now and I got some XS9068 and couple of XS0219s...

Anyone can lend me ported RightSLE to X#?

Thanks in advance....

Rene
FFF

RightSLE for X#

Post by FFF »

Rene,
i started sometime ago, but had to stop halfway due to more pressing tasks ;-(
Maybe we could start a community project on git? One of the points is, i found about 4 (different?) versions on my machine and no clue, which one would be the best starting point...
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

RightSLE for X#

Post by Chris »

Rene,

Did you start from the vulcan version or from the VO one? No point starting from VO, Willie had already created a .Net (for vulcan) version, so use that if you're not already doing so and change the references from the vulcan ones to the X# runtime.

About the errors, can you please show for which code are you getting them?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

RightSLE for X#

Post by rjpajaron »

Chris wrote:Rene,

Did you start from the vulcan version or from the VO one? No point starting from VO, Willie had already created a .Net (for vulcan) version, so use that if you're not already doing so and change the references from the vulcan ones to the X# runtime.

About the errors, can you please show for which code are you getting them?
I tried first "My RightSLE" that I have been using since 2010. I have to look for any Vn version now that I finally able to build FabPaintLibTest with no errors, except for some (MSB3277) warnings which I will inspect later. It took me many hours to cleanly compile FabCtrl until I found a way... by reading the docs on ways to put "USING VOGUIClasses, then another USING VO" which do the tricks on some warnings. See attachment, one particular error that I have to do some "code calisthenics" just to proceed.

XS9002 - Parser: unpected CRLF, are you missing a token. I have no idea why. I have to replace "&&" with .AND. just to proceed. No idea if this changes works the same way.

FabPaintLibTest is originally a .NET Framework 2.x but I have to change it to 4.6.1 as the rest of our X# app is already on 4.6.1.

Back to topic, I will try to find RightSLE for Vulcan in my portable backup. I know it was there somewhere....
12-27-2019 22-04-33.png
12-27-2019 22-04-33.png (4.75 KiB) Viewed 283 times
12-27-2019 22-02-12.png
12-27-2019 22-02-12.png (116.21 KiB) Viewed 283 times
12-27-2019 21-57-42.png
12-27-2019 21-57-42.png (141.76 KiB) Viewed 283 times
rjpajaron

RightSLE for X#

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Chris,

I have here RightSLE taken from Willie's, stored somewhere in my portable hard drive.

I XSharp XPorter to "port" it to X# from Vulcan. RightSLE XS.RAR

I will proceed, no idea if this thing works just yet. But I will test it.

--

Rene
Attachments
RightSLE XS.rar
(3.78 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
VulcanVOrightSLE.zip
(654.21 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Chris

RightSLE for X#

Post by Chris »

Hi Rene,

Which dialect are you using for the library? In VO, "&&" was used as a line comment marker (same with "//"), so in X# VO dialect this indicates comments as well and you need to replace as you said with ".AND.". If you want to use && as the logical AND operator, then you'll need to use the Vulcan dialect, which makes the compiler more compatible with Vulcan rather than with VO.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

RightSLE for X#

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Chris,

So "stressed" with strange code of RightSLE and I did stumble in the docs last night the subtle differences of VO and Vn language. I now know why. That is why when I replace it with ".and." it works. I am using VO dialect as standard.

Thanks,

Rene
jonhn

RightSLE for X#

Post by jonhn »

Greetings!
Is there a RightSLE already ported to X# that someone would be happy to share a link to please, or tell me where to look?

Thank you.
Jonathan
jonhn

RightSLE for X#

Post by jonhn »

I'm sorry - I didn't notice the attached zip file on Rene's post.
I've tried it and it seems to work nicely, thank you!