I am now on X#

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
rjpajaron

I am now on X#

Post by rjpajaron »

Hello All,

I started porting to X# last December 26 and finished January 1st, 2020. and another 18 days of fixing some bad codes and replacing a lot of Windows API calls to .NET equivalent.

I did not post anymore of my issues because similar issues are available in Search and I just read all the messages and follow all the advices. I did that for several days.

Yesterday, I am about to post possible bugs on CreateOrder and SetOrderCondition but in the process of preparing a sample data, the bug did not manifest on it. I realized it was my code.

In some instances CreateOrder will fail if the expression contain a field that have matching DEFINE constant. So, I rewrite the constant and CreateOrder now works perfectly.

Still have issues on ReportPro that says :You must call the ReportProInit() to function..... I have no idea if it is ReportPro's message or mine but I turn off ReportPro init on purpose to minimize compile errors. Time to start ReportPro.

So, I have so many things to do on testing but the most difficult have passed already.

I am all-in on X# and expect my re-FOX membership to follow... I have to say goodbye to VO, but I discovered so many bad codes (thanks to X#) and I will fix it on VO to allow our clients to continue on VO apps for awhile while am still on ALPHA testing mode.

I have no idea why it works on VO, it is really a bad code and I can see my stupid self. Feeling like a time travel. "this code is written by an idiot. chances are that same idiot was me".
--

Rene

PS: I am about to start on Blazor (Server), I will try to use some code on X#. This will works.
rjpajaron

I am now on X#

Post by rjpajaron »

and I will tweet Ginny about my journey. I told her last year that I will move to .NET with X# on 2020. She said to me that she is planning say goodbye to VO on 2020 as well. I told her that X# have a a native runtime. She wish me luck and now that I passed that difficult stage already, she deserved an update from me.
rjpajaron wrote:Hello All,

I started porting to X# last December 26 and finished January 1st, 2020. and another 18 days of fixing some bad codes and replacing a lot of Windows API calls to .NET equivalent.

I did not post anymore of my issues because similar issues are available in Search and I just read all the messages and follow all the advices. I did that for several days.

Yesterday, I am about to post possible bugs on CreateOrder and SetOrderCondition but in the process of preparing a sample data, the bug did not manifest on it. I realized it was my code.

In some instances CreateOrder will fail if the expression contain a field that have matching DEFINE constant. So, I rewrite the constant and CreateOrder now works perfectly.

Still have issues on ReportPro that says :You must call the ReportProInit() to function..... I have no idea if it is ReportPro's message or mine but I turn off ReportPro init on purpose to minimize compile errors. Time to start ReportPro.

So, I have so many things to do on testing but the most difficult have passed already.

I am all-in on X# and expect my re-FOX membership to follow... I have to say goodbye to VO, but I discovered so many bad codes (thanks to X#) and I will fix it on VO to allow our clients to continue on VO apps for awhile while am still on ALPHA testing mode.

I have no idea why it works on VO, it is really a bad code and I can see my stupid self. Feeling like a time travel. "this code is written by an idiot. chances are that same idiot was me".
--

Rene

PS: I am about to start on Blazor (Server), I will try to use some code on X#. This will works.
robert

I am now on X#

Post by robert »

Rene,
That is excellent news.
And also very smart that you fix the problems that X# finds in the VO code as well.
Btw we are working on a new version of Rp2 for X# that makes the conversion a bit easier

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

I am now on X#

Post by rjpajaron »

Thanks Robert....
Chris

I am now on X#

Post by Chris »

...and let me say that you are not alone in thinking about how bad some of your code was in VO etc. I had the same experience a couple weeks ago when I tested my old VO app in X#, I really could not believe how some parts of this program were working in VO before :)
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

I am now on X#

Post by rjpajaron »

While were here, is the new ReportPro (RP354Xs210) alrready ADS ready? My apps is expecting a "AXDBFCDX" something, it appears this is the issue of ReportPro here. What RDD I need to put to make it connect to ADS server? Right now, it has no RDD files at all.

-
Chris wrote:...and let me say that you are not alone in thinking about how bad some of your code was in VO etc. I had the same experience a couple weeks ago when I tested my old VO app in X#, I really could not believe how some parts of this program were working in VO before :)
rjpajaron

I am now on X#

Post by rjpajaron »

Sample screenshot.

I attempted to create new report and try using Advantage
Annotation 2020-01-19 202111.png
Annotation 2020-01-19 202111.png (72.08 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Annotation 2020-01-19 202117.png
Annotation 2020-01-19 202117.png (117.18 KiB) Viewed 281 times
rjpajaron wrote:While were here, is the new ReportPro (RP354Xs210) alrready ADS ready? My apps is expecting a "AXDBFCDX" something, it appears this is the issue of ReportPro here. What RDD I need to put to make it connect to ADS server? Right now, it has no RDD files at all.

-
Chris wrote:...and let me say that you are not alone in thinking about how bad some of your code was in VO etc. I had the same experience a couple weeks ago when I tested my old VO app in X#, I really could not believe how some parts of this program were working in VO before :)
robert

I am now on X#

Post by robert »

Rene,

What is in the [DataDrivers] section inside your RPWIN.INI ?

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

I am now on X#

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reply.

[DataDrivers] section of RPWIN,INI is empty.

Annotation 2020-01-19 215944.png
Annotation 2020-01-19 215944.png (38.07 KiB) Viewed 281 times
robert wrote:Rene,

Robert
rjpajaron

I am now on X#

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Robert,

Can you confirm that this is the bug?

Thanks,

Rene
rjpajaron wrote:Hi Robert,

Thanks for reply.

[DataDrivers] section of RPWIN,INI is empty.

Annotation 2020-01-19 215944.png
robert wrote:Rene,

Robert