ReportPro3 (3.5.4.4) for X# Error message not in English

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hello,

Is there I need to do to make this into a language that I can understand?
Hardest part in the porting had passed, now on making ReportPro3 works.

I have question: my VO apps isolate ReportPro runtime that uses Classmate with the rest of our VO apps which are normal VO GUI apps. I will try to do the same paradigm here in X#. I hope this works.

Thanks,

Rene
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Rene,

What is the exact error message? Even if it is in another language, we can still see where it is defined and check why it does not show in English.

As a general comment, it is always better before using such a massive 3rd party tool to start small, create a new small mdi app and use it from there to get used to the differences it has to the VO version. Once you are confident you can use it fine, try it in your real app as well. And as Robert said, we are in the process of making it more VO-app-porting friendly, because the .Net version at least for RP2 was not good enough until recently i=on that front.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I am mistaken. The error trace messages are actually in English. I checked it after reading your reply. Button's caption is "Kopieren". I assume this means in English as "Copy".

So far, I have successful port process. Zero warning, without suppression but I remove so many codes that i see I no longer needing.

I am still testing it on smaller part of our huge apps. I am now in ReportPro using a small app. and got some errors. Maybe this is my Classmate/ReportPro side that are generating. I will let you know.

This is my focus next week. I could fix this tonight if got lucky. and move to bigger apps. So far, our app runs with some issues. Mostly my codes. I am new to bBrowser 4.

--

Rene

It is the button of the error message. See attachment.
Annotation 2020-01-19 175112.png
Annotation 2020-01-19 175112.png (47.33 KiB) Viewed 136 times
Chris wrote:Hi Rene,

What is the exact error message? Even if it is in another language, we can still see where it is defined and check why it does not show in English.

As a general comment, it is always better before using such a massive 3rd party tool to start small, create a new small mdi app and use it from there to get used to the differences it has to the VO version. Once you are confident you can use it fine, try it in your real app as well. And as Robert said, we are in the process of making it more VO-app-porting friendly, because the .Net version at least for RP2 was not good enough until recently i=on that front.