Intellisense progress!

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
ic2

Intellisense progress!

Post by ic2 »

I finally installed VS2019 and after that the latest Fox X#. It looks like the major Intellisense issues are solved; I can enter If, <Enter> (If capitalizes and we get a tab indent) and endif <Return> aligns with If and also capitalizes. It did seem to fail once but after trying to reproduce it this seems fine. Plus that selecting a keyword like If colorizes the matching else/endif. Thank you for this! This not working was a major reason for me to leave X# virtually untouched the last half year. A good reason to change that for the next half year (together with the Roadmap plans!)

One small remark, not important at all but just that you know:

I wrote most comments about Intellisense on 25-6-2019:

https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/private-pro ... enter#9654

Chris commented:

Please go to Tools/Options->Text Editor/XSharp/Intellisense, then uncheck the option "Show Completion list after a character is typed", unfortunately this does not work properly yet, causing such issues. I thought we had already disabled it, but apparently it is still available, I think this option needs to be removed in the next build.

With this option checked it still works erratic; e.g. trying to type Endif does not suggest endif (but 'if' and a lot of other unrelated keywords) and also you need 2 enters to go to the next line.
If it doesn't work properly it's probably better to remove this checkbox option altogether?

Dick
Chris

Intellisense progress!

Post by Chris »

HI Dick,

For my personal tastes, this option indeed still does not work well enough. But for some other people, it is already good enough and they find it helpful, so I think it's the right decision to have it available (as an option of course).

The problems related to it are already known and logged, I am sure those will be also solved in the near future. And of course there will be further improvements in all similar areas! I am glad you acknowledge that there has already been a lot of progress now, I am sure the guys are happy to read this and it is my opinion as well, that intellisense in VS is in good enough shape now.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu