Web-site / Forum software issues and problems ...........

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Robert,

This seems a more appropriate place to post what I have just found out about the Forum software for posting messages with inserted images.

I had successfully completed over half of a recent post this a total of seven images. Five files had been added and inserted in the text. Then by error I pressed F5 the refresh key and the page refreshed OK except for the five files at the bottom - even though the inserted references were still in the text without any sort of error message.

Maybe I should NOT have done what I did next, and that was find and import the same five files. This seems to have broken the pointers, or at least the already inserted pointers were no longer relevant.

Either way it would be nice is a tab refresh in the browser did not appear to lose the files, and or break the pointers already inserted.

If you need any help in pinpointing this issue I think I could repeat it with a simpler example for you.

Cheers,
Phil.
robert

Post by robert »

Phil,

I am using a standard component (the Kunena forum software) for the forum. I do not have control over everything that happens, so I have no idea how to prevent this.
I am sorry for the inconvenience.

All I can say is: don't do that again ;)

Robert

PS I have repaired the original message and deleted the 2nd one that only had the images
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Good morning Robert,

I understand and also thought as much ;-0)

I will try not to do it again, but then I thought that some time back.

Personally, I guess that if I did nothing about the apparent missing file icons at the bottom of the post, that all would work OK, and its only when I try and fix things that stuff goes wrong.

How about if I go in to ChitChat and do a small test ?

I will make it clear as to what I am doing.

Things going OK at this end, and I may start creating slides for Cologne sessions soon. I have more or less completed all the research work.

Speak soon,
Phil.