TE Edit Control

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
FrankRouseré

TE Edit Control

Post by FrankRouseré »

Hello to all,
I use a TE Edit control in my VO2.6 application. The version is TER14.
I used VOXporter to move it to Xide. Compliation however failes on the type of namespave "Pascal" that could not be found.

Meanwhile, Subsystems Inc presents now version 27 (tern27.dll).

Would one recommend to upgrade to the latest version, or are there (better) alternatives ?

Thanks for help,
Frank Rouseré
Chris

TE Edit Control

Post by Chris »

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with RTF controls to suggest one, but about the error you are getting, can you please show as the exact ported code that causes the error?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ArneOrtlinghaus

TE Edit Control

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

Hi Frank,
I can send you a converted assembly for the TE-Control, that works with X#. There are many changes that will work only with our dlls, but perhaps is helps you with the conversion comparing with what generates the VOXPorter. The were some details that gave problems some years ago with Vulcan. I don't know if they exist still for X#. Please send me your email address and I will send you the code. Of course everyone who has a valid TE Control license, can get the code from me. The TE-Control license is quite expensive, so surely it is interesting using the control only for who used it in VO.

We have updated recently from Ter19 to Ter27, but the differences were not very big. Before it worked and now it works. I think, that if everything works for you in VO, it will also work in X#. These are the advantages of controls written completely in C, at least when staying with the GUI classes.

Arne
bfernandez

TE Edit Control

Post by bfernandez »

Hi Arne,

I am using the TE Edit control too.
I converted from VO2.8SP4b, ter16 as an ActiveX. It almost work, i can type eny text but at the moment i make a mouse click, the control becomes hidden, and i don't know why.
I buyed the control on 2008.

Thanks
Benito
Jamal

TE Edit Control

Post by Jamal »

Hi,

Their website mentions .NET version. May be you should use it instead of the ActiveX.

I use DevExpress controls (in C#), they should also work in X# WinForms.

Jamal
ArneOrtlinghaus

TE Edit Control

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

Hi Benito,
I use the DLL interface and not the ActiveX solution, so probably the behavior is different. If the control gets hidden, there might be another reason, if the window is a data window. The data window consists of three internal windows where one of them may overwrite the foreground data window contents in certain conditions. You should try to put the control on a dialog window to see, if the behavior will be the same.

Arne
bfernandez

TE Edit Control

Post by bfernandez »

HI Arne,

I'm using a dialog window.
As Jamal suggests, i'm going to try the dll solution tern27.dll.
I just downloaded the trial version of TE Edit Control

Thanks.
FrankRouseré

TE Edit Control

Post by FrankRouseré »

Hi Arne,
I do not know if my converted TE-control will work while I am still wrestling with ReportPro3.
But some code would already be great. Mail is frank at laplage dot be.
Frank