/cs compiler switch

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Karl-Heinz

/cs compiler switch

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Chris,

i tried the /cs switch and noticed some problems:

currently the XIDE generated code of e.g. a Sle looks like:

PROTECT oDCSingleLineEdit1 AS SINGLELINEEDIT

but what´s needed is "AS SingleLineEdit". When i look at the cavowed.inf control section the correct mixed case name would be the content of the "Name=SingleLineEdit" property. Maybe you can add a switch to the "Designers" TabPage how to generate the class names: In upper case or according the exact "Name=xxx" content.

There are also some DBServer/Dataserver VO-SDK method names that should be changed from upper case to mixed case.

Code: Select all

DbServer	

FIELDGET	FieldGet
FIELDPUT	FieldPut
FLOCK		FLock
INDEXKEY	IndexKey
INDEXORD	IndexOrd
RDDINFO		RDDInfo
RLOCK		RLock
SELECT		Select

DataServer

FIELDGET	FieldGet
FIELDPUT	FieldPut
FLOCK		FLock
RLOCK		RLock
regards
Karl-Heinz
Chris

/cs compiler switch

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl-Heinz,

I've tried to make the WED as compatible as possible with the WED in VO, and in VO class names are also generated int he code in uppercase, I assume it uses the [CONTROL:...] section of the .wed file for that. And apps ported from VO will all have the generated controls upper cased, so I think probably it's not a good idea to use /cs in ported apps, but only for new apps that use standard .Net classes only.

Having said that, I will make an experiment to make XIDE respect the "Name" property in the cavowed.inf file and see how that works (certain controls may be missing it). Will do it optionally, so if you like it you will be able to keep it. Will do it in the next days and will send you an update.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
robert

/cs compiler switch

Post by robert »

Karl-Heinz,
We will synchronize these names in one of the future builds. This will however be a "breaking change" because it requires people to rebuild their apps, since old apps will have references to the old names.
So we will have to update the assembly version of the runtime DLLs.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu