Is anyone working on live streaming / video conferencing type software?

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
jonhn

Post by jonhn »

Obviously people are going to be working from home and holding meetings from remote locations for some time to come.
Is anyone in our group working on live video streaming or collaboration software?

My "day job" is mainly in the events industry in New Zealand - sound systems, lighting, projection and screens - sale and rental - 100% of future bookings cancelled in one week!
We have some other sales in the pipeline that are secure (government) for now, but we are busy planning how to restructure our business to survive like everyone else!
We are not locked down here yet, schools still open but the borders are closed and everyone is buying toilet paper and acting like crazy people. It is totally nuts - there are only 39 confirmed with this thing, but yesterday there was no meat or toilet paper at the supermarket again! (It is ok, I have some stuff I can use instead of toilet paper, and I have an old cat and dog if I really need meat so I don't need your pity)

Our customers that (used to) operate large public and private meetings and events can only do web-casting or live streaming etc.

If anyone is already quite advanced in the process and working on something cool, there could be some good opportunities.
Of course, there is already MS teams, Skype, Zoom, Vimeo, Livestream and 500 other guys already fighting in this market but if I can help anyone or help market or use your product I will.

I hope you are all doing ok - and keeping away from the f*%^ing virus!
Cheers,
Jonathan
mainhatten

Post by mainhatten »

Hi Jonathan
jonhn wrote:If anyone is already quite advanced in the process and working on something cool, there could be some good opportunities.
not personally involved, but I know of a small company working on VR, to virtualize things people cannot see or visit in person.

Fits your description of "cool" ?

Is currently still in half stealth mode trying to finalize a special contract, simultaneously helped and hindered by Corona, so I will not get into detail before speaking to a few others, as company I own a few shares of only owns a few shares of said VR company.

Perhaps you can give more of your background, targets and plans directly without spilling too many beans early ?

regards
thomas
jonhn

Post by jonhn »

Thank you Thomas,
It could be... but maybe not what I'm thinking. I am just saying, if anyone here is working on one to one or one-to-many, or many-to-many video chat or streaming software for collaboration, meetings or seminar broadcasts some of my customers may be able to use it.

In saying that, I think the big guys have probably already solved it for now.
Thanks!