Entity Framework 6 - in action, on video written with X# .............

Public forum to share code snippets, screen shorts, experiences, etc.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi guys,

Okay then, I have been enjoying myself today writing X# code and getting the more interesting parts of my 'Stock' app to work in real time.

After advancing my code quite a bit, I have done some live screen tests while making a video clip of what I have input from the mouse and keyboard, and what happens to my data under the control of EF6.

Its not been too often that we all could share a video of a SQL data base being created and populated in real time, with lots of Order data. I also demonstrate in real time the new Delete/Remove screen that allows me to remove Entities. This means that the referential integrity is completely taken care of by the EF6 system - its like magic !!!

Fist I will attach a video clip of me successively removing customer entities, where EF6 also removes the Orders and OrderLine entities relating to each customer. Eventually all 5000 plus Orders and many more order lines are removed from the backend data source, without the need for lots of my code. Oh! this is ADO.NET on steroids, and some!

Lets start with the removal process :-

[The extension mp4 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Now that we have destroyed most of the data, (only a few products and suppliers remain), let us run a second and shorter video click which shows the re-creation of the SQL database, and its seeding with suitable and random data. Check this out :-

[The extension mp4 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

The reason we need to re-start the applet is because there is an open link of some sort from the Delete/Removal code which stops the DB from being deleted and re-made. This link is closed in time - BUT - we can't wait while the video camera clicks and whirrs away.

Remember, all the work for this has been done on the .NET side of the code design and creation - no SQL table work in Management Studio, nothing but the good old X# syntax we all like, and the .NET framework and Roslyn compiler support - GREAT !

Must shoot, wife has returned from a full day out at meetings - that's how I got so much work done.

Regards, and good viewing.
Phil.
Wales, UK.
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hey Phil,

Nice sample.

I am busy lately (means: lack of free time for sometime).

Can I see the code?

Btw, thanks to Robert for extending the promo rate till Feb.

--

Rene
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Rene,

I will try and send you a link via your private email.

Fingers crossed ...........
Phil.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Rene,

I will try and send you a link via your private email.

But I first need you to send me a post to my address at 'phil@phhepburn.f2s.com'

I don't seem to have yours in my mailing system, AND, the mailing from within the Forum of CSharp does not work for some reason, I tried it twice ;-0(

Fingers crossed ...........
Phil.