Carbon Black Cloud Sensor is reporting XIDE toolbox contains Malware

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Neil

Post by Neil »

sadly I still haven't had the time I want to play with X#, but now my IT is concerned with this.

C:xidexitoolbox.exe is being reported and blocked as containing malware by Carbon Black.

not sure what to tell them as I want to switch off VO to X# and this might cause difficulty.

-Neil
FFF

Post by FFF »

Took the exe to virustotal.com - 69 scanners had no complaint, one suspected it, because it's download rate is "low", and one claimed malicious, probably because the file is not signed...
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Neil,

I suspect the antivirus blocks it, because the code uses reflection, to read data from 3rd party controls. Of course this antivurus craze is pure madness, this exe is very small and its full code easily readable with a tool like ILSpy to see and make sure there's absolutely nothing "mal" about it.

But in any case, you can also safely simply delete this file. It is being used only when wanting to add 3rd party controls to the toolbox, a functionality you can live without.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Neil

Post by Neil »

Thanks both for the reply. I appreciate it. Definitely prefer to head this off before IT comes to me.