Inject Yourself with Disinfectant

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
Terry

Post by Terry »

Thank you, Donald for that bit of advice. I’ll just pop round to the chemist and get some!

Well, of course most sane thinking people would have been incredulous at that bit of advice and dismissed it out of hand. And that is dangerous.

The fact is that although the advice is, on the face of it absurd, we need to look a little bit beyond; by simply dismissing it, we may miss something.

Trump has in fact given us a universally understood platform on which to base what I hope is reasonably intelligent discussion based on logic.

We are all individuals; we all think differently (see first part of my J&B post).

Nature not only enables us to think independently, it actually Forces us to do so. That means there may be those in the population at large who have made up their own minds independently, to follow Trump’s lead whatever he may say. Hence an immediate rebuttal of his view had to be made.

So, apart from the “blind followers” who or what else would follow Trump? The logic of a computer.

And this is the point: we have (or will have) the software tools available to us that enable us to commit to logic any concept we have in mind provided that concept is achievable in the real world.

I’ll try relating what we all know in this forum to what we’re currently experiencing with Covid19.

There is a huge range of knowledge behind the posts in this Forum. They are, of course directed at X Sharp, and behind each post is a person.

I know, too, that there is a broad range of experience and “knowledge outside programming” residing in the brains of those here. How do I know? Well, I’ve read the posts. And that has taken TIME.

Time is the common denominator whether programming or disease/infection spreading through the body. There is huge read-across from software development to a way of finding some way of alleviating the worst effects of Covid19.

Somehow, we need to co-ordinate the relevant knowledge that resides in the individual mind.
For example, it seems likely that disease progresses in the same way as a running application follows a number of non-deterministic paths (under user control) leading to a final deterministic path to achieve the required objective.

We need the knowledge to devise a system which controls interdisciplinary thinking, which I am sure resides here.

We need the breadth knowledge within broad range of disciplines which may reside here.

The fact is any system must cater for any input idea including our Donald’s.

Terry
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Donald Duck... quack quack...
USA lead by this goose .. er Duck.

Imagine the decisions if a war, a false flag event.
The people around must laugh, what a Dick head.
You would hope he actually listens to someone..
Maybe best his psychiatrist some days.

I you cannot impeach. him.. drive him past a Grassy Knoll.
Phil McGuinness
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Terry,
Terry wrote:[snip...] we have in mind provided that concept is achievable in the real world.
I’ll try relating what we all know in this forum to what we’re currently experiencing with Covid19.
We need the breadth knowledge within broad range of disciplines which may reside here.
The fact is any system must cater for any input idea including our Donald’s.
I see his remark in a different way:
Seeing that disinfectant/sunlight does help in the combat against the virus, is there not a way to create a way of targeting the virus inside the body?
In the same manner, I believe the "statistics" feed on the media and by Health (WHO) etc, are totally misleading. Number of positive cases mean nothing.

Who do you believe has the most cases? I will omit my answer for the moment since I come from a bio-statistical background and unfortunately do not see the trees and miss the forest...
Terry

Post by Terry »

Hi Johan / Phil

Maybe you are correct. What I meant overall is that whatever gave rise to the comment/idea does not really matter.
Any idea seemingly outrageous or sensible may trigger some different way of thinking in someone else. How often do you hear the phrase "Oh, that reminds me" when something totally off-topic is mentioned.

All that is fundamental to what nature has given us to communicate understanding.

No one can know what is in the mind of another unless they tell us in some way.

Many in the media, in UK at least, just love to ask the question "Does the truth matter".

That question indicates to me that they do not understand the fundamentals of human communication.

The fact is just as "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so "Truth or lie is in the mind of the recipient". I leave you to think of the numerous ramifications of this. Mostly a non-deterministic chain leading nowhere.

Statistics as presented, I agree, can be totally misleading.

Who has the most cases? No idea - it is a function of Time and everyone (country) has tackled things differently, so the stats can be interpreted to paint the best picture in the country concerned. (or we can have a playground battle "my stats are better than yours").

The upside to this is that we can all see the results of what has been done so far. We can try to change the negative results in an effort to get an overall more positive result.

This is rather like WPF - we guess at space we need, it's wrong, so we adjust it. (or rather the computer does it behind the scenes.)

You can look at that in all sorts of ways whilst in the mind. Now look at the complexity of actually implementing it in code.

Terry
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

It is a serious matter when looking at Pandemic situation.
Hopefully in Australia we can back to work and not let unemployment double before XMAS.
Companies are just hanging on now.. and government stimulus has some serious issues.

But on infections listening to Mayor of New York and there testing of man in street many thousands.
It was like 12 to 22% had it.. but no symptoms. Black/Hispanic double say White 22% v 11%. Women 9% generally
That is one issue.. you are a carrier and a lot of people as ratio. The disease effect is changing, morphying.
Lung was the big one. now heart, blood clotting and strange rash, most notice on feet.

We need testing, then you know then what do you do if every 5th person has it.?
How to vaccinate when no vaccine yet.. but sure in a year or more.
In 18 years since SARS1.. no vaccine..
This social distancing gets to you and having all my staff at home, banned that they are back.
Productivity and communication suffered. But will try again shortly with some training on systems.
Just about to introduce TEAMS and we use 3CX [ phone, excellent ] and we use VTIGER for CRM
Licensing a project management system seems very integrated with TEAMS..

What are you using XSHARP community ?
What are your thoughts on this who Virus thing and the world of now and tomorrow.
Will not be the way it was that is for sure........ or very long time in future.
Phil McGuinness
Terry

Post by Terry »

Phil

TEAMS may be the way to do what I am suggesting - I don't know but ads make it look promising and I had been thinking that way myself.

If you intend using it, that could present an ideal technical read-across.

What I'm suggesting needs younger, brighter brains than mine to implement.

Terry
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Terry and all,
Terry wrote:Thank you, Donald for that bit of advice. I’ll just pop round to the chemist and get some!
Here is the link to the actual media brief, mainstream anti-Trump media actually created fake news to discredit him. Sorry but I actually have some respect for him... Actual Briefing
Chris

Post by Chris »

Guys,

I think discussing such political matters will only cause tension and heated discussions, so in my opinion it would be better to leave them out of this forum. Same with religious matters.

Which is a pity, because I like such discussions myself and I also have some strong opinions on the matter that I would like to share, but I'd better do it in other forums, not here...
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Chris,
Chris wrote:Guys,

I think discussing such political matters will only cause tension and heated discussions, so in my opinion it would be better to leave them out of this forum. Same with religious matters.

Which is a pity, because I like such discussions myself and I also have some strong opinions on the matter that I would like to share, but I'd better do it in other forums, not here...
I fully agree. It is tempting and understandable to now and then raise a subject outside the programing field, but we don't want polarization between colleague programmers because of sensitive and dividing subjects.

Dick