Retired but still have a soft spot for xBase

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Its good to see that there is still life and a potential future in the code I wrote in VO and whilst I don't do much coding these days (I'm 78 and spend most of my time on voluntary community projects between cruises on my canal boat) there are the occasional projects where having the tools to revive some former code would be useful.

For those that don't know me, I started off in the early '80s working with dBase II, then got serious writing POS apps and data manipulation tools in Clipper followed by VO. By the time Vulcan arrived I was semi-retired and whilst I attended a few conferences never really got to grips with it.

Cheers

Will Chapman
robert

Post by robert »

Will,
Welcome, it is good to have you on board!

Robert

qbuster wrote:Its good to see that there is still life and a potential future in the code I wrote in VO and whilst I don't do much coding these days (I'm 78 and spend most of my time on voluntary community projects between cruises on my canal boat) there are the occasional projects where having the tools to revive some former code would be useful.

For those that don't know me, I started off in the early '80s working with dBase II, then got serious writing POS apps and data manipulation tools in Clipper followed by VO. By the time Vulcan arrived I was semi-retired and whilst I attended a few conferences never really got to grips with it.

Cheers

Will Chapman
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Plummet

Post by Plummet »

Hi Will,
Good to hear some news of you after all this time.

I remember you well, from the bar at several Devfests!

I have not retired yet, but it won't be long. I hope this initiative goes well.

Best,
Don Carslaw