Progress Intellisense?

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
ic2

Progress Intellisense?

Post by ic2 »

There's a lot added in X# but what I need most is unfortunately unchanged since I posted this March 30.

https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/private-pro ... ning#13915

After an enter to start an Endif on the next line, I wrote:

"When I continue typing with the 'i' ("endi") I only get the option IF. I type <Enter>, get endIF, have to type Enter again and then I get the Endif on the next line"

This still is unchanged in the latest X#. Probably you think "what's the big deal" but I am used to programming efficiently in VO for 25+ years and in X# I have to look in my screen after every return to see if I need an extra Enter or if something has been changed to something I don't want. Does this happen in VO? Yes, but only in 1 situation where an ELSE becomes an ELSEIF. I am used to always check this one. Very annoying, but it's really the only side effect of Intellisense I encounter in VO.

Is there any chance that this gets solved at all? I have written often that I am not in a hurry to abandon VO at all, which remains unchanged, but as long as this is not solved I am sure I continue with VO.

Can't I opt for an X# version where I uncheck all new language features (Delegates, Switch, ForEach, Lambda expressions etc ) and check a 100% VO compatible Intellisense instead ;)

Dick
Chris

Progress Intellisense?

Post by Chris »

Hi Dick,

It will be improved, the guys are already working on several intellisense improvements. Remember that in VO Robert had full control on the code and environment, in order to implement new features and fix any problems. In VS it's not so easy, the guys have to play by the VS rules...
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Progress Intellisense?

Post by ic2 »

Thanks Chris,

I can imagine that VS is a bottleneck. And also that you have to make choices. Hopefully it can be done, within not too much time.

Dick