Navigation fields of VS editor registered with XS

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
ArneOrtlinghaus

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

Hi, I have Vulcan and XS on my computer.
Is it possible to activate the navigation bar in the upper part of the editor for the prg files with XS? I believe that this is already possible, only it does not work, because the files are registered with Vulcan.

Thanks
Arne
Attachments
editor.png
editor.png (29.13 KiB) Viewed 361 times
robert

Post by robert »

Arne,
Arne Ortlinghaus wrote:Hi, I have Vulcan and XS on my computer.
Is it possible to activate the navigation bar in the upper part of the editor for the prg files with XS? I believe that this is already possible, only it does not work, because the files are registered with Vulcan.

Thanks
Arne
The XSharp project system should be able to detect that a file is part of a X# project.
The Navigation bar is not filled for X# at this moment. It is in an internal development build, but we had some problems with refreshing the bar when you were editing the source.

I expect that this will be included in the next build, which should be available in a few weeks.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ArneOrtlinghaus

Many thanks, this is ok, I can wait.

The most important is that all code compiles and everything runs as previously compiled with Vulcan.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Arne,

> The most important is that all code compiles and everything runs as previously compiled with Vulcan.

Can you elaborate a bit on this please? I have seen some of your code (the Macro app), about 130,000 lines fully compiled in x# now and running well, but I think this is only a small part of your actual code. Do you have much more than that now in x#?

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ArneOrtlinghaus

Hi Chris,

yes, of course I can furnish some numbers.

We have an internally used application that is now compiled completely in X# and that is now used in the test phase. We have currently no open issues. The VO(X#) code used including our system libraries should be about 500000 lines.

We have a big ERP application called "Radix". The VO coded parts now compile nearly completely in X#, but several issues must still be resolved before being able to test it outside of our conversion program. The issues are not X# related, they existed already when compiling the program with Vulcan: late bound calls with reference variables, incomplete parameter lists of late bound called typed methods, variable type issues, memory corruptions in combination with Crystal Reports, pointer issues, ...
I hope that in April most of the issues are resolved.

This application should have about 2 millions of (hardcoded) VO code including our system libraries. We have made many VO macro scripts for customer specific extensions, it could be in the order of another million of lines of code. Some other millions of lines of code have been written in Delphi, C# and in Oracle PL/SQL plus many thousands of Crystal Reports files. So it is has grown to a big application where much of the important code will hopefully be running in X# still this year.

Arne

Arne
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Arne,
We have a big ERP application called "Radix". The VO coded parts now compile nearly completely in X#
This is great and gives hope for my own VO software! I'm wainting for my next step until the Xporter tool can read VO AEFs.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thank you for sharing this information Arne! Very, very impressive...

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
ArneOrtlinghaus

Hi Chris,
yes, it is impressive, also your speed adding the missing features. At the beginning of November I could only compile small parts with X#, at the beginning of January nearly everything.

What is needed now, are enhancements regarding the VS integration. But if you can furnish them in April as according your roadmap, it's fine for us.

... and of course I must find the remaining errors in our dotnet compilation, I still hope that everything can be resolved without having to change to much at the beginning.

Arne
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Arne,

I hear from Robert and Fabrcice they are making good progress also on intelisense. I don't want to raise expectations too high, but I suspect that a first (good enough) version of it will be released in the FOX area much before April!

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
ArneOrtlinghaus

Hi Chris,
this is very good. What we need is the Windows Editor for the VO GUI classes. I have seen that existing windows can be edited, but I still have to try how code is generated. What I have not found is how to add new windows.

Arne