VFP Exporter

This forum is meant for questions about the Visual FoxPro Language support in X#.

kevclark64

VFP Exporter

Post by kevclark64 »

I just watched the video of the VFP Exporter demo on youtube. I wonder when this might be available to try out.
Eric Selje

VFP Exporter

Post by Eric Selje »

That looks really promising, doesn't it!?
robert

VFP Exporter

Post by robert »

Guys,

The VFP Exporter is in a private repo on Github. If you are interested then please send an email to fabrice at xsharp dot eu. (with your github user account). Fab will grant you access to this repo
We welcome help from the community.
We would also like to see many example projects so we learn what we can expect to find "in the wild"
Finally the extra files that are added to a converted project will disappear in the future. We will create a library for this.
We are still looking into what can be done in "pure" dotnet and what we need to add to make your forms dataware.
This extra code is definitely going to change.

Disclaimer: the code in this repo is in the X# core dialect, so it uses the X# core class syntax and it uses SELF, ":" operator, ":=" assignment operator etc.
We try to make all our tools in core to minimize the dependency on our runtime and to minimize the dependency between components.
And I think Fabrice has used the latest version (2.6.1) for this. So make sure you open the projects in build 2.6.1.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
atlopes

VFP Exporter

Post by atlopes »

Robert,

Are you planning to update the General - Public installers soon?

It would help those who are willing to contribute not only with the Exporter but also with advancing the VFP compatibility table.
robert

VFP Exporter

Post by robert »

Antonio,
That public installer is being tested this weekend. I expect that we can release it on Monday.
Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
FoxProMatt

VFP Exporter

Post by FoxProMatt »

Next thing to test is a custom container class defined in a VCX and drop that inside a container on a form. That’s when it’s gonna get tricky very quickly.

Imagine a container UI class that has a custom textbox class and a label. Now drop that container on a page in a pageframe and add some custom local code in the Valid() event of the texbox and a local caption override on the label.

One VCX, one form, and a lot of really hard exporting code to achieve this in WinForms.

Oh, bear in mind, this is not an X# limitation, it’s a basic .Net / WinForms difficulty. It’s even hard to achieve this same thing from scratch in a C# WinForms app with manual coding.