This is not OUT OF THE BOX SOLUTION (?)

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hello XSharper,

For the meantime that AdsMgGetUserNames() and AdsMgGetOpenTables() on ADS Management API is not yet supported, I am planning to create a VO DLL that will do thing.

Wish me luck. I will try to use VOWin32APILibrary.Functions.LoadLibrary to load this thing.

Well, I need to know also how many VO DLL that this "thing" will need. This will work.

Regards,

Rene
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Rene,
you could write that in X# as it only calls functions from the ADS library.
Since I need these functions to I will give them a look.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
SHirsch

Post by SHirsch »

Hi all,

keep in mind that this will only work if you are using ADS Remote Server. With Local Server this will not work.

Stefan
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

I did port it to X# but, I have limited know how on dealing with Structure and other low level stuff. It does not work.

The VO side is working fine for years. I am preparing a VO DLL and VO Console for anyone interested to take a look.

Anyone interested to see this, let me know. I have a hard time translating it to X#. I need to give up after 2 days.
Right now, I am trying to find ways on how to use a VO DLL from X# app. There are no sample in X# Help.
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Attached herewith are VO AEF, one for DLL and another for Console app.

This is very useful for my system administrator because they can monitor which computers (user) and what files each are using. Similar to ADS Data Architect > Tools > Remote Server Info.

It works even the server is hidden and invisible move. I am on ADS 10.10, not tested on any other versions.

I am trying to translate to X# the VO Console but it seems it does work using the regular LoadLibrary. I need to dig more in DotNet docs on loading Win32 apps. I do not like using COM.

This features is not critical but I felt oblige to give our paying users feature parity between the VO vs X# apps. I am in side-by-side mode for next 6 months. Means: VO apps and X# must have 100% compatibility, both can be used side-by-side.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 191526.png
Screenshot 2020-10-26 191526.png (49.85 KiB) Viewed 412 times
VOADSLib.rar
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
robert

Post by robert »

Rene,
Writing the code in VO and then calling the VO DLL is not in the help file because we do not recommend it.
I'll try to declare the prototypes and structures asap.
The only problem is that I do not have an ADS Remote Server here to test it with...

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Yes, It need the ADS remote server.
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Robert,

Let me test that everyone. Anyway, we are joining FOX, if not this week, maybe next week. I have AEF attached in this thread. Take a look at that. That is working VO DLL and Console app. I was trying to translate the VO Console to X# but It did not work.

Regards,

Rene
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

My lead tester just called me this evening that their offsite test is 100% alright. and our R&D funds is now read. We robbed a bank somewhere. It may take more than week or less. I do not know.
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Just this one features that remain the problem: ability to see what tables and users (PC) are using on remote ADS server. I am ambitious enough to announce last month to all our clients that VO and X# apps will be the same version (for regulatory purposes) and will be 100% feature parity. I will break this promise as X# can give me more. I love the bBrowser 4 latest capability.