Download handling

Have some feedback and input to share?
Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
FFF

Download handling

Post by FFF »

Guys, when one wants to d/l, you ask for Name/E-Mail to send a link to - even, when already logged in, what seems rather cumbersome ;-)
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
robert

Download handling

Post by robert »

FFF,

We are using a Joomla Component (RSFiles) for the download system. I will see if I can disable this.
Thanks for the suggestion

Robert

FFF wrote:Guys, when one wants to d/l, you ask for Name/E-Mail to send a link to - even, when already logged in, what seems rather cumbersome ;-)
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
robert

Download handling

Post by robert »

FFF,

This has been fixed now.

Robert
FFF wrote:Guys, when one wants to d/l, you ask for Name/E-Mail to send a link to - even, when already logged in, what seems rather cumbersome ;-)
Last edited by Fab64 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
FFF

Download handling

Post by FFF »

Great - looking forward to the next download to test ;)

BTW, got the automatic e-mail for your post, followed into FF42, read the post. To answer, i clicked the "To answer Log in please" below your post - but the Link didn't result in any action. Checked, but no "no script" option blocked.

So had to go to "Home" to do this...

No problem, please tell me in time, when i start getting your nerves, mentioning this little things..

PS: when i'm "here", posting, it seems one can't log off from this page - or is it well hidden?
Last edited by robert on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Addition
Regards
Karl
robert

Download handling

Post by robert »

FFF,

No problem. Good to have suggestions.
I have added a separate login/logout form on the top of the page.
I have also fixed the issue (in the forum template) that the login link was not working.
Unfortunately logging in will then bring you back to the home page.
I cannot seem to prevent that.....

Robert

FFF wrote:Great - looking forward to the next download to test ;)

BTW, got the automatic e-mail for your post, followed into FF42, read the post. To answer, i clicked the "To answer Log in please" below your post - but the Link didn't result in any action. Checked, but no "no script" option blocked.

So had to go to "Home" to do this...

No problem, please tell me in time, when i start getting your nerves, mentioning this little things..

PS: when i'm "here", posting, it seems one can't log off from this page - or is it well hidden?
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
FFF

Download handling

Post by FFF »

Robert wrote:FFF,

This has been fixed now.

Robert
Robert,
just found the new downloads - but although the d/l page says: "This folder contains files visible for the general public. Some other files on this website are only visible when you login to the website first." - i have to go through the download-link game, even when logged in...
BTW, it would be nice to have a "get all" option. At least as long as these sample files are so small, never mind multiple downloading them ;-)
Last edited by robert on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Karl
robert

Download handling

Post by robert »

Fff

I will see what i can do.
But it will take a few weeks.
We will first make a move to a new server and add support for newsgroups (nntp).
After that i will look into this issue

Robert
/b]
FFF wrote:
Robert wrote:FFF,

This has been fixed now.

Robert
Robert,
just found the new downloads - but although the d/l page says: "This folder contains files visible for the general public. Some other files on this website are only visible when you login to the website first." - i have to go through the download-link game, even when logged in...
BTW, it would be nice to have a "get all" option. At least as long as these sample files are so small, never mind multiple downloading them ;-)
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
FFF

Download handling

Post by FFF »

Robert wrote:We will first make a move to a new server and add support for newsgroups (nntp).
Great news! Will happily return to use Agent :)
Regards
Karl