XIDE VOMenuEditor Toolbar

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Alf

Post by Alf »

Hello to all,

in VO," Menu Editor", "Menu Properties", there is an entry named "ribbon", so I can assign my own ribbon to the toolbar.
In XIDE, "VOMenuEditor", "Properties", "General", I can't find such an entry (?).
Of course I can change the generated code (oTB:Bitmap := bmpMYTOOLBAR{}), but this is IMO not a serious solution.
Thanks for each helpful answer.

Alf
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Alf,

Indeed, this is missing, and it is also missing from the VS VO-menu editor and needs to be added. Only reason it is missing, is because I never managed to make this feature work properly in VO and then replicate the behavior in X# and also nobody had reported this till now!

Can you please do me a favor? Create a new sample Mdi app in VO, add a module with a ribbon to it, then use it in one of the standard menus in the sample. Make sure it compiles and runs, then export to aef and send it to me, together with any external (bmp etc) needed files. This way I will see exactly what VO does and will replicate the behavior in XIDE and VS.

Thanks in advance!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Alf

Post by Alf »

Hi Chris,

"AlfsDemo.AEF" is attached. I hope it works :) .

The menu option "Alfs address book" (or button "A" in the toolbar) opens a data window (with no data, since a dbServer is not included). The toolbar in the data window shows a changed icon (TreeViewButton yellow instead of green) and some additional icons (defined in bmpTOOLBAR1). "bmpTOOLBAR1" is attached to the StandardShellWindow in "Menu Properties", "Ribbon" (and also to the EmptyShellWindow).

Good luck.

Regards
Alf
Attachments
AlfsDemo.zip
(99.22 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Alf

Post by Alf »

AlfsDemo.zip
(99.22 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks Alf, this helps a lot! Will look into ASAP it and will send you an update as soon as this is implemented.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu