Some unclear parts about menu editor resources xsmnu

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
ArneOrtlinghaus

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

We have few program parts with a windows menu edited with the windows editor. Now we used the X# windows editor with the xsmnu file the first time.

When first saving the menu the menu did not inherit from the menu that had been entered in the properties of the menu in VO. When going into the properties of the root menu item in X# the inherit from field was empty. We inserted it and everything works as before. Probably it has vanished during conversion, but I do not want to verify it, since for this program we have changed to X# development completely. So it is resolved for us. 

There is some other part that I do not understand: In the menu there is a sub menu "Window" with the usual items like "Window cascade", "Close all". But there were also the active open windows automatically inserted. The original code contained a row SELF:SetAutoUpdate( 8 ). Now this row has vanished. What I do not understand: Even in the VO code I haven't found a possibility to say that a certain sub menu has this characteristic. It is not a problem to add the self:setautoupdate in the derived menu for us, if it makes to much work. But it would be interesting to understand with what I was working since over 20 years.
robert

Post by robert »

Arne,
If I remember correctly the VO Menu editor looks for a top menu with the name "Window" and when it finds that it generated the SetAutoUpdate() .
Of course this only works in an English system.

Robert

Edited: I checked the menu editor DLL and it contains a resource with many possible names for the windows menu.

XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Robert, Arne,
robert wrote:Arne,
If I remember correctly the VO Menu editor looks for a top menu with the name "Window" and when it finds that it generated the SetAutoUpdate() .
Of course this only works in an English system.

Robert

Edited: I checked the menu editor DLL and it contains a resource with many possible names for the windows menu.
The VO Menu Editor in X# does the same thing, checks a top menu named "Window". But apparently Arne you are using a localized name for this menu item? Robert, please give me the list of names that the editor in VO checks for and I will add those in the X# editor as well.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
robert

Post by robert »

Chris,

Check your mail.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ArneOrtlinghaus

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

I have attached the menu editor file and generated source.
We should not have changed anything with the names in this part.
We use the German word for Window: Fenster.

SELF:RegisterItem(IDM_menShell_vo_Fenster_ID, ;
        HyperLabel{ #menShell_vo_Fenster , LoadResString("Fenster" , 22756,MsgDll) ,  ,  } , SELF:Handle() , 8)

SELF:RegisterItem(IDM_menShell_vo_Fenster_Fenster_ueberla_ID, ;
        HyperLabel{ #WindowCascade , LoadResString("Fenster_ueberla" , 36,MsgDll) ,  ,  })

SELF:RegisterItem(IDM_menShell_vo_Fenster_Alle_Fenster_schliessen_ID, ;
        HyperLabel{ #CloseChildren , LoadResString("Alle Fenster &schliessen" , IDM_ALLEFENSTERSCHLIESSEN,MsgDll) ,  ,  })

Attachments
menShell_vo.zip
(11.64 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks Arne, Robert has also sent me the full list of words that the Menu editor should use SetAutoUpdate() with them. Today I have learnt how to translate the word "Window" to 11 different languages, I think I will add it in one additional language that I am aware of ;)
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu