Distribution problem

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
vzeljko

Distribution problem

Post by vzeljko »

Hello,
So far, I;ve been just tested X#. I think that X# is excellent product. First, I used VS because of my interest in c#, but now I use XIDE only. I made my first 'real life' application. It is a small app using winforms and dbf database. Everything works fine, but problem appeared when I set up application in user's PC. I copied exe file and dlls needed for work in the same folder and nothing happened. No error. Nothing. Finally, I installed whole x# and everything works fine.
These files I copied:
XSharp.Core.dll
XSharp.RT.dll
VOSystemClasses.dll
VORDDClasses.dll
Later, I copied all distribution dlls and nothing happened.

Zeljko
Chris

Distribution problem

Post by Chris »

Hi Zeljko,

In the Windows event log, you should be able to see a complete description of what the error was, most likely a dll was still missing. Or you can open a command prompt, navigate to the folder of your app and start the .exe from within the command prompt, you will see again the error in the console text.

Except for the files you mentioned, you would need also XSharp.Rdd.dll for dbf support and also XSharp.MacroCompiler.dll, if you are opening dbfs with indexes. If you are using only WinForms and nothing from the VOGUI classes, then there should not be any other dlls needed.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
vzeljko

Distribution problem

Post by vzeljko »

Thanks Chris.
The problem was XSharp.Rdd.dll, not XSharp.MacroCompiler.dll. In reference list there is no XSharp.Rdd.dll so I thought there was no need for that dll. With exe file I also put ???.exe.config file as well. I put all dlls in specific folder and name it in config file like this:
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<probing privatePath="myfolder"/>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>

Everything works fine.

Thanks again.

Zeljko
Chris

Distribution problem

Post by Chris »

You're welcome! But don't forget about the macro compiler as well. You do not need it to start the app, but at the time when (if) you will need to open a dbf with indexes, it will be necessary that this file also exists!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu