Report Pro 2.8 report question

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Dabent7

Post by Dabent7 »

Hopefully a quick and simple question. I have an old programming running Report Pro 2.8 with a number of reports. Client would like to have one of the fields in a DBServer linked to the report be a hyperlink. Any thoughts on how to do this within Report Pro ???
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Dabent7,

I wonder what you want to achieve? If you want to emphasize a hyperlink you could make it's colour blue for example. If you want to enable the user to click on a hyperlink from a PDF printed from that report, you do not need anything special; the PDF itself will take care of opening a website when you click on a hyperlink in the report.

Dick
Dabent7

Post by Dabent7 »

Dick, thank you for your reply. I think my question is really, how do I have Report Pro take a data field in my server containing for example "www.xsharp.com" and display in the report which will be exported as a PDF, "XSharp Web Site" but actually be a hyperlink in the PDF? My issue is in the report designer, how do I create the hyperlink?
ic2

Post by ic2 »

There's no "hyperlink" style in ReportPro as far as I know. But as written, I would make the text color blue and when I export the report as PDF and click on the hyperlink in e.g. in PDF-XChange Viewer it will ask if I trust the site. Edge and Vivaldi do the same, in Firefox I have to select the whole hyperlink and in the right mouse menu I can select to open the link.

So it depends more on your PDF-viewer than on ReportPro.

Dick
Dabent7

Post by Dabent7 »

Thanks for your thoughts on this Dick. I appreciate the input.
robert

Post by robert »

Dan,
To add to what Dick said:
ReportPro was designed for preview and printing.
The PDF output is a reflection of what was printed.

Hyperlinks is not relevant in the context of printing.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu