DBF Editor

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
Fabrice

DBF Editor

Post by Fabrice »

Hi,
while working on Visual FoxPro exporter, I had a need : A basic DBF Viewer/Editor
So, I've decided to write my own ;)

It is written with X#, using the DataSource that X# is providing to link the Data to a .NET DataGridView control.
You can view/change Memo text fields, using ICSharpCode.TextEditorControl; and you can view Binary Memo fields using the .NET ByteViewer control.

You can also view a DBF Structure, create a DBF, export the DBF Structure to a Record Class...

It is far from perfect, there are lots of areas for enhancement/corrections/... but ...It's a start :)

You can get the source and binaries at FabToys-FabDBFEd GitHub

Fab.
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
wriedmann

DBF Editor

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Fabrice,
that is great, thank you very much!
Maybe you can include it in the X# distribution package.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
FFF

DBF Editor

Post by FFF »

Hi Fabrice,
sure, the version on github is up2date? Got me the zip, opened the sln, as i didn't find binaries.
Had to change target framework from 4.7 to 4.6.1 (being on Win 8.1 ;) ) then
- at compile three "=" where ":=" expected, corrected that,
- two "Try" without Catch or finally
- Warning"ICSharpCode.TextEditorEx"-Assembly missing ? Got me the zip from Github, opened that sln, in turn 4 errors ;( but then at a loss (i'm a zero VS man, sorry...)
- Error The type or namespace name 'ICSharpCode' could not be found (as to expect, from the above warning.)
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Fabrice

DBF Editor

Post by Fabrice »

Karl,
sorry, I forgot :
To get the Binaries, go to the repository page : On the Right you will have a "Releases" block, click on the title.
On the new page, click on the title of Version you want to download : You can then get a Zip with the Binaries.

HTH,
Fab.
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
Fabrice

DBF Editor

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Karl,
the source and binary are synced :
Yes, there are some warnings, mainly in Browse1 and Browse2 forms that were earlier version of the Browse, that use DataTable, so the editing was done Offline and I had to save changes at close time : These are no more used, but I keep them as references.
For ICSharpCode, I'm using the Nuget Package : I try to always use Nuget for externals : So, after opening the Solution, you will have to do restore the Nuget Packages in order to get the Dlls...Then you can rebuild.

BTW, I have pushed a new source set with all Warnings corrected ;)

HTH,
Fab.
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
FFF

DBF Editor

Post by FFF »

Good Morning Fabrice!
Thx, could have noticed the release block. (OTOH, in the right pane there are four identically formatted lines, two work as links, two do not ;),so i may be disculped...)
Got it, tried, immediately found good use to compare a corrupted old dbf with the sound one!
Tried also the "model" export - great!

@Chris: could there be a glitch with codepages, using Xide,it seems - e.g., my field "Straße" gets read as PROPERTY STRAßE AS STRING AUTO - opening the prg with Notepadd++ or VS17 both show "ß" correctly.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)