ReportPro 2 export problem

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
vzeljko

Post by vzeljko »

Since ReportPro 2.36 release there is no possibility to export report to any format. With 2.35 release I didn't experience such problem. When I push export button in preview window, window just close with no errors.
Does anybody have any idea.

Zeljko
FFF

Post by FFF »

Do you say, this fault is really since release date? - Strange - did install in 9/2020 - no problem with export at all.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Indeed, I can actually see this problem with the current code. Looking into it, will get back to you ASAP!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Zeljko,

Actually checking with the standard 2.36 release, export seems to work fine, as Karl (thanks!) said. But I had made a change locally (not uploaded to the official code) which indeed broke this. Sorry if I do not remember it, but did I send you directly a newer version of RP2? Or are you using the official 2.36 version?

If you have received a newer version, then I need to send you an update. If it's the official version, please make sure, does your app folder include the file ReportPro2.Export.dll and it is the same version as the other RP2 dlls files? This file is necessary for the export mechanism to work.
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
vzeljko

Post by vzeljko »

I use official release. I tried to export (diskette icon) from print preview. From ReportPro designer and from application. Failed in both situation. I tried to replace VO????.dlls and XSharp???.dlls with newer ones and failed. I suppose that bin folder inside ReportPro2 folder includes all necessary dlls to work, but there is no export.

Zeljko
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Zeljko,

Do you have the source code of RP2? Can you rebuild it and run and see if it works now from the designer?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
vzeljko

Post by vzeljko »

Hi Chris,
I don't have source code.

Zeljko
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Zeljko,

I just tried with the binary release and it seems to be working just fine here. Maybe there's a RP2 dll mix up in your PC.

Can you please download it again? Remove it completely from your PC first, then install again and run, does it still not work?

Btw, I'd suggest buying the source code version if possible, this would be handy in many cases.
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
vzeljko

Post by vzeljko »

Hi Chris,
I removed RP2 completely and installed it again after fresh download. Problem is still here. When I opened print preview and pushed diskette button for export that action makes print preview window closed. When I copied my app on 'clean' machine with no x# or RP2 installed and pushed diskette button of print preview I finally got export dialog but couldn't export anything. And finally, I tried to export using code, not print preview window, and got my pdf file as I expected. This happened only using "clean" machine, not mine. This is probably because of some sort of dlls mix up as you wrote. I use RP 2.36 and X# 2.7.0.1.

Zeljko
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Zeljko,

In the clean machine, does the problem happen also when you try to export from the RP2 designer? Or only when calling it from your app? If it works from the RP designer, but fails from your app, can you reproduce this problem in a sample and send it to have a look?

If the problem happens also from within the RP2 designer, what happens when the export dialog shows, you can select Excel/PDF/Rich Text format etc, but when you press "OK", then nothing happens? For any of the above options that you choose?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu