XIDE "Goto definition: xxxx"

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Chris,

i want to jump to a *static* function but the PopUp Menu doesn´t offer an item like "Goto definition: __IamStatic". To reproduce this behaviour right click on "__IamStatic" inside the Test() function.

Another problem is the behaviour of the alt+right and alt+left keys. Just click on "Test" inside the start(). Now press alt+right. The cursor jumps correctly to the beginning of "FUNCTION Test", but when i unpress the alt key a char is inserted before "F". The same happens when i press now alt+left. The cursor jumps back to the start() "Test" but when i unpress the alt key a char is inserted.

Code: Select all

FUNCTION Start( ) AS VOID

? Test()

RETURN 

FUNCTION Test() AS INT 

RETURN __IamStatic() 

STATIC FUNCTION __IamStatic()  AS INT

RETURN 1
regards
Karl-Heinz
FFF

Post by FFF »

Karl-Heinz,
FTR, issue 1 yes, i see this, too.
But für #2, no, no erroneous chars are inserted, whatever i try.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl-Heinz,

The problem with goto definition, is that because the function is declared static, then it becomes a member of a special different class for holding functions, it does not belong to the standard "functions" class, so the editor cannot find it in the dll/exe. Alt+Right should find it though, because it also does a regular text search "by name".

Problem with intellisense in XIDE is that it was originally written for vulcan and vulcan was much different to X#, also did not support many of the new language features that X# supports. I need to rewrite this from the beginning to make it work properly again at some point, but available time is always the big problem..

About the issue with printing chars with Alt+keys, I think it must be a feature in your PC, similar to using Alt + Num pad to "type" a specific character (for example Alt + 3,2 types a space). Doesn't the same thing happen if you press the same key combinations in notepad?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

very strange,

attached is a image that shows the result. What happens when you enter in the XIDE Editor

alt+0+9+7 ?

no matter what the current postion is "a" is added correctly, but always at the position 1,1. Is this behaviour normal ? Doing the same in notepad adds "a" to the current position.

regards
Karl-Heinz
Attachments
AltKey.png
AltKey.png (13.04 KiB) Viewed 267 times
FFF

Post by FFF »

a is inserted - but always at the actual cursorposition
Regards
Karl
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl-Heinz,

I think you have NumLock disabled. In this mode, in some systems/keywords, Alt+Num7 means home, Alt+Num9 means page up etc.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
FFF

Post by FFF »

Hi Chris,
with Numlock off i can reproduce K-H behaviour.
Wouldn't have thought, that the digits get processed as long as ALT is held - cool find!
Regards
Karl
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Chris,

in Notepad it doesn´t matter if the numpad is active or not. In both cases alt+0+9+7 inserts "a" at the current position. And this is indeed also possible in XIDE, but only if the numpad is active.

next week i´ll check the alt+right and alt+left behaviour on another machine.

regards
Karl-Heinz