RP3 Designer Sample Application for x#

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Robert,

could you send source of the "Designer Sample Apllication" for X# (ReportPro3.ReportDesign)
I tryed to convert our VO-Designer-App to x# bis haven´t been succesful.

The Main reason for this is the cApp-Class from Classmate. I think i can´t set __setAppObject() in the Start method or funktion with this class.

Now I would need a sample that shows me how to start the linkable designer.

I need to do this, to find out if the X#-version of ReportPro3 has the same Problems with relations as rp3950 for VO.

This is not very urgent.

Thanks for your help

Heiko
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Heiko,

Why don't you simply run the regular X# RP3 designer (ReportPro3.exe), create a new test report or open one you have already created in VO to test this? Or did I not understand you correctly?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Chris,

thanks for you answer.

We have our own Datasources we pass over to the designer. We have a structure like c:appdbf where are located Data for all clients and c:appdbf001 for Data for Client 1 c:appdbf002 and so on. This doesn´t work with the comple rp3-designer app. It works only with the linkable Designer app.

Additionaly i want to thest a lot of user defined functions we are using in the report and try if they are working correctly with x#.

Heiko
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Heiko,

OK, I am not very sure if the sample code will be enough for this, but here it is! Please let us know if you need anything else.
ReportPro3, ReportDesign.zip
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Chris,

thank you very much. I will try it and tell if it works.

Heiko
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Chris,

now I got an application to run with the help of your sample. The main trick was:

CmStart("ReportPro3.ReportPro3Designer") ´
In a "Start" Function. The old designer sample had an cApp Class with a "Start" Method.

But now I can confirm the problem with the relations. It´s just the same in x# as in the newest Version for VO. I had wondered if not.

I think there is another problem with embedded pictures, but i will further investigate this and report it.

One more thing is a little bit annoying. If you don´t have all the DLLs you need to run the EXE, it just ends without an error and you don´t know really why. That took me some hours to find out what happened.

Greetings Heiko
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Chris,

the problem with the pictures was related to the missing dlls.

Heiko
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Heiko,

Thanks for your feedback! About the original problem, I would be surprised if there was something recently changed in BOTH the VO and X# versions causing this. At least I don't see such a recent change, but I will let Robert comment on that, maybe he remembers something.

Which was the previous version, in which it was working as you expected? Also can you send a full sample demonstrating the problem?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Chris,

the Version is 3.9.5 (Internal Number), from October 2012. I got this from Willie Moore. The File was named RP39eFull.exe.

I will try to fix a full sample to demonstrate the problem, butt this will take me some time.

Thanks

Heiko
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Hieko,

Oh, October 2012! OK, by "recent" I meant last few months or so :)
Certainly a lot may have changed since 10 years ago.
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu