XSharp 2.8 and .NET Framework 4.7.2

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
leon-ts

Post by leon-ts »

Hi,

This article (Compiler changes in upcoming build 2.8) states that the 2.8 compiler requires the .NET Framework 4.7.2, although it will continue to work with older versions. I downloaded the new XSharpPublic solution (SDK) from GIT, but its projects are still set to .NET 4.6.2. Will users applications on version 4.7.2 conflict with the SDK on version 4.6.2? Or will the XSharp SDK be later updated to version 4.7.2? What are the recommendations in this regard?

Best regards,
Leonid
Best regards,
Leonid
robert

Post by robert »

Leonid,
The compiler itself uses 4.7.2.
The VS tools also use 4.7.2.

For the runtime we are using 4.6 at this moment (where did you see 4.6.2 ?)
You should have no problems in projects targeting 4.7.2 using runtime DLLs that are compiled for 4.6.

I expect that we will not change the runtime requirements until we release X# 3 (which will be the version that supports .Net Core and .Net 5).

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
leon-ts

Post by leon-ts »

Robert,
Got it, thanks!

P.S. The XSharp runtime is indeed version 4.6. I wrote version 4.6.2 out of habit, as I usually use the latest updates of branches (4.6.2, 4.7.2, and so on). But this does not change the essence, since my question was for a major number.

Best regards,
Leonid
Best regards,
Leonid