Problem: ReportPro for .NET 3.6.0.4

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hello,

First problem: Font. I cannot change Font, style, size.
Screenshot 2021-05-10 195448.png
Screenshot 2021-05-10 195448.png (76.8 KiB) Viewed 366 times
.Second problem: It cannot change index order where are several index order in a CDX. ReportPro > Section, changing control table index tag is not save.

Third problem: Relationship. There are chances the we need to relate to child table not exactly on what index tag expression on the child table. But when index tag expression of the controlling table do not match exactly of the child table controlling index tag, Child Expression button to change is disable and ReportPro wont continue due to some error message.
Screenshot 2021-05-10 200522.png
Screenshot 2021-05-10 200522.png (20.28 KiB) Viewed 366 times
and when Index Tag on child table is Record Order, it wont load the index anymore. This is painful, because, I have to recreate the Table Relationship from scratch.

I cannot open RPT that are change in ReportPro for .NET with older RP3 in VO. Please confirm. I have many ReportPro reports that need updating.

Please help.

--

Rene
robert

Post by robert »

Rene,
For the first problem (Global font): is it possible that the rpwin.ini file is readonly ? It works here without problems.
For the second problem: Heiko has made a change in this area. Can you mail an example report so we can verify that this solves your problem.
For the third problem: if there is a compatibility problem between RP3 .Net and RP3 VO w.r.t. the file format, then that was introduced when RP3 for .net was created by GrafX. We did not change anything in this area. If you have an example then we can try to see what the problem is and find a solution for that.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Robert,

I reinstall ReportPro (X#) last night and I put it on Drive D where I did not include on Windows Protected Folder thing.

I check rpwin.ini it isn't readonly. I have ongoing work on this. I will give more feedback today.

--

Rene
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Robert,

see attached rar file. one RPT and couple of table, CDX.
Report.rar
(15.6 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Still,
1. I cannot change font, style, size.

2. Cannot change Section > parent table > index > tag. It won't save change on exit.

3. Relationship should allow partial expression of the child index. For example controlling index tag on child is FIELD1 + FIELD2, but the parent only have FIELD1, but no field definition for FIELD2. The Child Expression button should not be disabled to allow us to edit the relationship expression. Otherwise, error will happen, see screenshot.
Screenshot 2021-05-11 143137.png
Screenshot 2021-05-11 143137.png (24.04 KiB) Viewed 366 times
Let me know if you need more input.

Thanks,

Rene
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Rene,

first I´m glad to see thatsomeone is working with RP3 too! So I´m happy about that the effort to fix bugs is useful so someone else :-)

Concerning the relationship problem: If you have a child index coming from an Index expression, you miust not change the expression because it´s coming from the index and has to be evaluated in an 1:n relation on each record which fits the relation. If you don´t have an index, then you can enter an expression and then you have to use the alias. There was a change in ReportPro that inserted aliases for all kind of expressions and that fails. That was the thing i changed.

Right now I´m fixing the VO-Version but i´m pretty sure that all changes i made also work in x#.

Converning problem 2: You can´t change the index oder. Yes there this is still an remaining bug in the VO Version and i have the same here, but if i close the window and open it again, then i can select the order. I don´t have to create the whole relation from scratch, but maye the problem is related to the evaluation of the index expression too.

Heiko
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Heiko,
there is other people working with ReportPro 3 - I know several of them.
But most seem to have been arranged with the bugs that are in there - at least none of them has told me about bugs in Report Pro 3 (I don't know the sales figures, but I suspect than much more people is using ReportPro 2 than ReportPro 3).
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi HeikoP,

NIce meeting you. Please take a look at attach RPT file. I will go back to this topic tomorrow.

and Yes, I upgraded to RP3 long time ago. It looks prettier than RP2 <g>, that was long time ago also.

and Yes, maybe there are few people uses RP3 but it works great for me.

More about issues tomorrow.

Thank,

Rene
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Rene,

I tried to open the report with a VO designer app but it throws errors, because it can´t open the tables.

Without tables you can´t see if the relations work.

Heiko
robert

Post by robert »

Rene,
I have opened your example files and was able to run the report.
Btw: you had not mentioned your report uses Advantage. That is probably why Heiko could not open the tables with VO.

Editing the relationship between parent and child works on my machine with the latest development build of Rp3.
The only problem that I see is that when you have selected an index and a tag, then the expression button gets disabled and you cannot select the "record number" order again
I'll see if I can add an entry to the list view with tags for "record number" order.

Changing the font on the global settings dialog works here too.

I'll zip this build and will mail it to you tomorrow.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
HeikoP

Post by HeikoP »

Hello Rene and Robert,

i can confirm problem 1 with X#. I think the reason is, that the FontName is not written in RpWin.ini

All the other values are written only FontName ist empty. But I don´t know why yet.

Heiko