Intellisense issues

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
ic2

Intellisense issues

Post by ic2 »

First: I still use 2.7, so maybe it works fine in 2.8. If not, please consider both pictures:
AutoCompleteVO.jpg
AutoCompleteVO.jpg (13.19 KiB) Viewed 192 times
VO will show you the parameters of Strtran, when closing the parenthesis of Lower and then and typing the comma of StrTran
AutoCompleteXS.jpg
AutoCompleteXS.jpg (15.17 KiB) Viewed 192 times
X# does not!

Also, what exactly does Document Formatting/Title mean? I would expect that these keywords convert to StrTran and Lower but basically these remain the same as I type them.

Dick
Chris

Intellisense issues

Post by Chris »

Hi Dick,

Yes, it does work well in 2.8. At least in a quick test I just tried.

Document Formatting is used to indent as per the rules you defined all IF, ELSE, DO etc commands and their inner code of the whole file.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
robert

Intellisense issues

Post by robert »

Dick,
Document Formatting/Title has to do with the case of keywords, such as RETURN and TRUE in your VO output.
StrTran and Lower are not keywords, but names of X# runtime functions.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ic2

Intellisense issues

Post by ic2 »

Hello Robert,

Would it be possible to set a casing in the VS editor which is accepted in the Immediate Window?

I know you are working on a way to have this window use X# syntax, but until then there are 2 problems:

1 you have to "translate" your code to run to C# syntax
2 you have to know the capitalization of the method or function thanks to that stupid case sensitivity of C#.

If I can read the required casing from my code, problem 2 would be gone.

Dick
robert

Intellisense issues

Post by robert »

Dick,

We plan to implement the "Identifier Case" option for the editor. This should tell the editor to lookup the symbols (method name, field name, property name, function name) and synchronize the case in the editor with the case on the location where it is defined.
To make this work we have to be sure that the symbol lookup is working all the time.

From the long thread from Rene today you can see that unfortunately there are situations where it is not working correctly

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu