I wish to congratulate with the team

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
antonello.negrone

Post by antonello.negrone »

After a few hours of coding over a few days, I have successfully converted the SPE client dll from VO 2.7b1 to X#.
The result reached is over my expectations. I was sure that would be mandatory to rewrite it completely from scratch (I know a redesign will be necessary to compile in safe mode) but to see it working in unsafe and communicate with the actual server is a success for me.

The dll deals with memory pointers, encryption, compression, multi-thread.......it's incredible to see it working after so few time. Also the Xporter has done a very great job.

So guys, thank you and congratulations for the great job!!!!

My next step is to convert the RDD, conversion that, if I'm not wrong, cannot be done as the client dll.
But this doesn't scare me (and you know that new questions will come :lol: )
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks for your very nice words Antonello! This was exactly the target with X#, to make it possible to port applications with as less effort as possible. That is not always possible, but there have also been some cases when we were also ourselves very surprised about how quickly a ported app did compile and run in X# :)
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
robert

Post by robert »

Thanks, Antonello,
I must admit that I have never actually seen SPE.
Can you explain what it does ?
Is this a RDD to communicate with a remote server, a bit like Advantage Database Server ?
Is there a demo ?

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
antonello.negrone

Post by antonello.negrone »

Hi Robert,
there is this simple page describing its features:

https://www.infodigit.it/?page_id=159

Yes, it has a RDD which communicates via TCP/IP and I plan to public a new demo as soon I have the X# RDD working.

Antonello