Matt Slay

This forum is meant for questions about the Visual FoxPro Language support in X#.

robert

Matt Slay

Post by robert »

I received the following message through the ProFox email list that I would like to share with you,
since Matt was also a very passionate and loved member of this community.
He will be missed dearly and our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
[hr]
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart to share the news that Matt Slay has passed away from COVID-19 earlier today.
You may recognize Matt for his many contributions to the Fox Community on VFPX with the next generation of GoFish,
DynamicForms, assisting Jim Nelson and Doug Hennig with the development and testing of Thor, inspiring the Go To
Definition feature in Thor, and the VFP language template for VS Code, just to name a few of his contributions. Matt
also inspired other developers to create things for our community when he was not tackling them himself. He was very
good at twisting arms of fellow Visual FoxPro developers to get other things contributed.

Matt leaves behind his wife Sharon and two teenage sons. This is an absolute gut punch and is a terrible way to
extinguish a shining star in our community.

Rick Schummer
[hr]
Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
wriedmann

Matt Slay

Post by wriedmann »

This is a bad notice, he has contributed here also a lot - his message counter is at 430.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
ic2

Matt Slay

Post by ic2 »

That's terrible to hear.....

Matt brought the CODE Magazine sessions to our attention. I've followed 2 in the meantime and they were quite useful.

It also shows that while the world has the idea that COVID-19 is disappearing it continues to infect people.

Dick
FFF

Matt Slay

Post by FFF »

Really a loss, so sad.
My thoughts are with his family...
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
rjpajaron

Matt Slay

Post by rjpajaron »

Sorry to hear this! RIP MATT

FUCK COVID-19.

I am now fully vax. 2 weeks ago with the second dose.

BUT 40 days before that, I was in deep hole. I lost my sense of smell and intermittent fever. I got chills, muscle pain. My sense of smell is replace with something like "everything smells like an acid". My taste OK though. The worst part, all of my family gotten worst than me. Luckily, we are out of the woods. All of us.

COVID-19 "Delta Variant" or whatever the code name now is highly contagious. We maintain high-degree of health precautions and yet....

"Wear mask to protect others. Mask prevented us more to infect others. Also lessen the infection from others". Still, so scary. I lived to tell tales of survival.

Working my ass PERMANENTLY AT HOME NOW. Careful folks. You never know the people in front of you talking is throwing C19 viruses on you. I hope all people wear masks.

--

Rene (COVID-19 SURVIVOR)
wriedmann

Matt Slay

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Rene,
Matt for me is "only" the last in a list of people I knew that have died.
But I know a much longer list of people that have been recovered, but are suffering partially very severe symptoms many months after they recovered.
So, this is absolutely to be taken seriously and is really a big pitty that many people in not so rich countries don't have the chance to protect themselves.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
rjpajaron

Matt Slay

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Wolfgang,

In my place, people in our village are not wearing mask at all. This scared me a lot.

Although, wearing one is required when going out and getting into malls and public places but in the tightly knit community, they took it for granted.

We got the delta through our neighbors who visited us often. We found out, almost all our friends got sick last August and September. It is a like wave.

We all vaccinated now and maintain a minimum social distancing.

Wearing mask is not 100% protection, but wearing one will lessen the degree of spread.

Scary world. and I lived in a country with incompetent national leadership. So sad.

I wish you all good health and spirit.

--

Rene