Visual Studio 2019 and 2.9 issue

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
boonnam

Post by boonnam »

Anyone else is experiencing slowness or not responding with Visual Studio after installing 2.9? VS sometime stop responding and restart itself. This is happening quite often. Sometime I put a mouse over an object to see where it is located. Then the mouse cursor would change to indicate it is busy. Then VS would stop responding. After several minutes, VS would restart and load the same project. After restart VS would complain that X# add-on is the cause. Also, I was being lazy and tried to select a method name by double-clicking on it to d a search. This sometime the same issue. Eventually VS would restart.

With previous X# versions, I don't recall VS crashing and thus having to restart. If it happened, it was rare. Any settings I should turn on/off for version 2.9? Thanks.

Boonnam
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Boonam,

This was reported a few days ago and was identified and fixed. A new quickfix build should be out soon (fixing this and other issues).

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
HansjoergP

Post by HansjoergP »

For this problem there is a fix in the issue https://github.com/X-Sharp/XSharpPublic/issues/819 available.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Please be warned though that some people have trouble installing this quickfix, for some reason that we have not understood yet it does not always work and can make VS not recognize X# projects. For this reason we have not announced widely this quickfix, but of course you are very welcome to give it a try if you'd like! Otherwise, please wait a couple days till a complete new installer is released.

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
TrevorLE

Post by TrevorLE »

Hi Chris

I noticed there were some issues with the 2.9 build after release, so have held off installing it to do some testing until they were resolved.

So I was just wondering if there was an update on a new build for 2.9 ?

thanks in advance
Trevor
robert

Post by robert »

Trevor,
An update is being tested right now and will most likely be released in a day or two.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu