DBServer question

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
vzeljko

DBServer question

Post by vzeljko »

Is there a difference between DbServer.FIELDGET Method, namespace: VO and DbServer.FieldGet Method, namespace: XSharp.VO.SDK

Zeljko
robert

DBServer question

Post by robert »

Zeljko,
There is not much difference in the functionality between the two. The biggest difference is that the classes in the VO namespace are more compatible with VO and therefore methods like FieldGet() are untyped and with clipper calling convention.
The DbServer:FieldGet() in the XSharp.VO namespace has strict calling convention, but its parameters and return value is still a USUAL.
Inside the DbServer class in general there are some changes that improve the performance. So are the HyperLabel, Fieldspec and datafield classes all strongly types (Caption is a string for example and longer a usual).
That should result in an overall (small) performance improvement.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
vzeljko

DBServer question

Post by vzeljko »

Thanks Robert for answer.
I guess for new app, in my case, the better practice would be XSharp.VO version.

Zeljko
robert

DBServer question

Post by robert »

Zeljko,
If you are using VO compatible UI then this will not work, since the VO GUI classes expect to be linked to the VO.Dataserver and its subclasses.
However for "stand alone" use, the XSharp.VO classes should give you better results.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
vzeljko

DBServer question

Post by vzeljko »

Robert,
Thank you for the answer. It is now clear to me.

Zeljko