Notify - simple question

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Kees Bouw

Notify - simple question

Post by Kees Bouw »

When the same database is opened in two different methods, with a local DbServer in both methods, and a record is added in one method, it is not visible in the other method. I have tried a Notify(NOTIFYFILECHANGE) but that does not seem to work. How can I inform one method that a record has been added in the other, or "refresh" the local DbServer?
wriedmann

Notify - simple question

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Kees,
the record is really added? That means: the first dbserver is moved away from the added record or do you have used a Commit() call?
And what control do you are using in the second window? A BBrowser control? Normally a Notify( NOTIFIYFILECHANGE ) helps, at least in my cases. Or do you have a SuspendNotification() active?
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Kees Bouw

Notify - simple question

Post by Kees Bouw »

Thank you for your reply, Wolfgang. After some more experimenting it seems that the record is indeed visible in the second method. However, the RecCount / LastRec properties are not updated. But even though the RecCount / LastRec is one short, the new record can still be accessed and contains the correct data.
ic2

Notify - simple question

Post by ic2 »

Hello Robert, Chris,
KeesIC2 wrote:However, the RecCount / LastRec properties are not updated.
Is this a known issue to you?

It should be updated like in VO.

Dick
Chris

Notify - simple question

Post by Chris »

Hi Dick,

Sorry, not aware of such a problem. Can you please send a sample reproducing the difference to VO?

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu