Missing defines after VOPorter

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Kees is rebuilding a program as a Winforms program and I am now looking if I can add some still functionality by inserting VOPorted code.

I found a few compiler errors from which I wonder why they come up.

E.g.on a subclassed FileOpenDialog:

Code: Select all

oFileDLG:SetStyle(OFN_HIDEREADONLY)
oFileDLG:SetStyle(OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT)
I get an error like

Error XS0103 The name 'OFN_HIDEREADONLY' does not exist in the current context

Isn't this the same issue where Robert wrote to Karl:

The OFN_ENABLESIZING flag was commented out in the GUI classes a looong time ago for the Opendialog when the OFN_ENABLEHOOK flag was added
I think this was a mistake. I'll put it back in for the next build.

on https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/private-pro ... logs#14630

Or what else is the cause? In VO it comes from CommDlg of Win32 API.

Also a question on the line Self:Pointer := Pointer{POINTERHOURGLASS} where POINTERHOURGLASS is unknown (comes from WinDefs of GUI Classes).

This is solved in my X# solution with adding a reference to the VOGUIClasses (only this, not the above FileDialog errors).. But why isn't then that reference auto added to the VOPorted solution?

Dick
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Dick,

About OFN_ENABLESIZING, as you said it is defined in the VOWin32APILibrary, have you added a reference to it?

Regarding automatically adding a reference to the VOGUI classes, this should indeed happen if the VO app does include have that in Libraries list. If it doesn't happen, then it sounds like a bug, can you send me the aef to have a look?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Chris,

False alarm, sorry!
It did add these references. I think I looked elsewhere when I concluded it didn't.

Dick