Destruct sequences

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
FFF

Destruct sequences

Post by FFF »

Guys,
in a VN (ex VO) app now under X#, i use on a datawindow a specialized sle class. Part of it's specialness is it protects another instance of the owning windows' server to do some checks.
My problem: app crashes when closing the app via menu or "X". Closing the window itself produces no crash. I added a destructor where server is closed and nulled, but to no avail.
No big deal, as i'm not sure if i'll follow this implementation path further, but i wonder what's the big difference in the "destroy" path between close window and close app...

TIA
Karl
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

Destruct sequences

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl,

Too hard too tell without seeing the code. Can you recreate the problem in a very small standalone app, with only one window and one such SLE? If yes, please post it to have a look. If not, usually the best way to debug such issues is to start removing parts from the app/windows, until the error doesn't happen anymore, which will give a very good hint n what is actually causing it (ie the last thing you removed!).

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu