Hiding a VO FixedText control

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
JohnBonnett88

Post by JohnBonnett88 »

Hi All,

I have a VO GUI problem. I have a database of glasses frames. You enter a code for the frame you want and if it does not find it, it puts a "not found" message in a FixedText box on the form.

If it finds it, it puts nothing in the FixedText box, retrieves the shape details of the frame and draws it on the form. The FixedText box and the drawing are centered on the same point. It looks as if it paints the empty text box after the frame shape is drawn, erasing part of the shape.

In Windows Forms I would just make the text box invisible but I have tried Hide/Show, Disable/Enable and some others to no avail.

Is there a way to prevent this overwriting of the graphics with the text box?

Is there a source of VO GUI documentation about this sort of thing? I am working in X# and have never had VO.

Best Regards,
John Bonnett
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi John,

I think it's not very clear what you want to do. Maybe you can post a screenshot so we can better understand?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
FFF

Post by FFF »

John,
you might have a look into the form designer, i think you might just swap the tab sequence of the fixed text and the graphic element.
BTW, did you set "transparent" style of FT to true (in the extra styles tab of the WED)?
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
jonhn

Post by jonhn »

My .02c worth -
As a workaround, if the TAB order is not the reason, check that you don't have an extra textbox there inadvertantly created while testing. Easy to do (for me).

If it persists, I would move the text box when it is supposed to be hidden and move it back afterwards.
SELF:oDCFTTextBox1:Origin := Point{ 1, 1 } // depends on the window of course.
JohnBonnett88

Post by JohnBonnett88 »

Thanks for the tip on moving the text box. I thought overnight that it might be a solution, and as it happens, there is some space at (1,1) where I can put it. I have now resolved the problem.

Thanks again,
John