Editing exported VO GUI in VS Designer leads to broken gui

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
hilberg.it

Post by hilberg.it »

Hi,
following issue: When I try to edit an exported VO GUI in XSharp/Visual Studio Designer, *.xsfrm and *.rc and *.prg files gets regenerated. So far so good, but the regeneration breaks the previous layout/sizing of controls. I believe it has something to do with screen resolution also. I have to resize all controls by hand to fix it.

Did anyone else experience this behaviour?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi,

Were the VO windows created and then exported and edited in X# in the same machine, or at least both had the same screen settings? If not, can you please post the specifications in both machines?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
hilberg.it

Post by hilberg.it »

Hi, with specs you mean resolution?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Yes, resolution and system font size.
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hello,
this is/was also an issue in VO.
If you have a window designed with normal sized fonts, and save it with large fonts, the positions get changed.
Therefore I always used normal sized fonts when working with VO.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
hilberg.it

Post by hilberg.it »

Hi,
I have a real issue with this. For small and simple dialogs I can help myself by resizing dialogs and all included elements. But if I want to add an element to a large dialog from the past, this is a real pain.

I tried all sorts of resolution and scale factors in my windows settings. The thing is that it seems that I am able to edit some UIs. But others not. What is happening here? The xported UI looks fine in the compiled executable, but if I open and save it in VS Designer, it is messed up in size.

Do I really have to rearrange ALL exported UIs?! Is this a known Bug from VO? So I would need to know the screen resolution from the machine where this particular Dialog was created? But in VO I was able to edit this Dialogs. I am really confused here and unfortunatly this means a lot of work in an area, where I didin't plan to invest much time (old UI dialogs).

How can I proceed here?
hilberg.it

Post by hilberg.it »

Chris post=24351 userid=313 wrote: ... Were the VO windows created and then exported and edited in X# in the same machine, or at least both had the same screen settings? If not, can you please post the specifications in both machines?
The dialogs were created and edited on different machines with different settings. I cannot tell you resolutions for the time the dialogs have been created.
Chris

Post by Chris »

HI,

Can you please send me a few VO modules containing some of those windows, to have a look?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

I will dig into it as I seem to remember it could be fixed by changing the resource files. I hope I have some notes of this.

Dick
hilberg.it

Post by hilberg.it »

Hi guys,
good news. Just fixed the issue, by setting visual studio scaling to 100%. See this post https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/visua ... ew=vs-2022

Thanks for your help!