XS0117 error

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
rjpajaron

XS0117 error

Post by rjpajaron »

Hello,

I tried this example: https://www.xsharp.eu/help/example-1-th ... examp.html
my environment is:
1. VS 2015 Enterprise
2. Vulcan 2.0.205

VS build errors point to this url: https://www.xsharp.eu/help/xs0117.html

Anything I need to do to accomplished this?

--

Rene
rjpajaron

XS0117 error

Post by rjpajaron »

Rene J. Pajaron wrote:Hello,

I tried this example: https://www.xsharp.eu/help/example-1-th ... examp.html
my environment is:
1. VS 2015 Enterprise
2. Vulcan 2.0.205

VS build errors point to this url: https://www.xsharp.eu/help/xs0117.html

Anything I need to do to accomplished this?

--

When I checked all compiler options, it was already set to TRUE. I have to click it again and set it to TRUE to make it work, still have problem building the Explorer Sample, it is having problem looking for folder that does not exist (XS2001).

Furthermore, I got XS9002 when my very old constant:

DEFINE CRLF := _CHR(ASC_CR) + _CHR(ASC_LF)

Any clue I need to do to make .NET compliant?

-
Rene
Rene
Chris

XS0117 error

Post by Chris »

Hi Rene,

About CRLF, this is already defined in XSharpDefs.xh (<Program Files>XSharpInclude folder), so you just need to remove the DEFINE from your own code.

But it was not clear to me, did you port an app or yours, or the explorer sample? About the errors, can you please give us the exact error messages?

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

XS0117 error

Post by rjpajaron »

Chris Pyrgas wrote:Hi Rene,

About CRLF, this is already defined in XSharpDefs.xh (<Program Files>XSharpInclude folder), so you just need to remove the DEFINE from your own code.

But it was not clear to me, did you port an app or yours, or the explorer sample? About the errors, can you please give us the exact error messages?

Chris
Hi Chris,

See attached.

Removing my CRLF define is it!

That attachment are error message that I want you to be informed.
The error that are generated by XIDE is same as VS prior to re-setting application properties > language, deliberately clicking each from TRUE to FALSE, then back to TRUE. After doing that, VS compiles except for the path problem.

I want to go on, but I need to inform you about this small problem.

Rene
vs xide error list.jpg
vs xide error list.jpg (33.13 KiB) Viewed 288 times
VS app property language.jpg
VS app property language.jpg (69.77 KiB) Viewed 288 times
XIDE app properties.jpg
XIDE app properties.jpg (166.98 KiB) Viewed 288 times
Chris

XS0117 error

Post by Chris »

Hi Rene,

Hmm, that's strange, did that path error appear from the beginning, since you first exported the aef? Can you please zip the whole folder (with both the xide and VS solution) and send it to me to have a look why this happens? And yes, please also send Ginny's document, I have read it in the past, but seems I can't find it any longer!

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

XS0117 error

Post by rjpajaron »

Explorer Sample.zip
(351.8 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
visualobjectsandcsharp.pdf
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
Hi Chris,

The path error happens at the beginning. Importing directly from VO Samples Gallery. No changes made whatsoever.

See attachment.

Regards,

Rene
Attachments
visualobjectsandcsharp.pdf
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
robert

XS0117 error

Post by robert »

Rene,
The error message is caused by the fact that there is a space in the Default Namespace (see Project Properties, General Tab). The build system emits a compiler switch "/ns:Explorer Sample" which is interpreted by the compiler as a namespace "Explorer" and an additional source file named "Sample". Remove the whitespace or change it to a dot and it compiles.
We will adjust the VOXporter to take care of this in a future build.

Tip:
Our build system saves the last created build script in the users temp folder under the name LastXSharpResponseFile.Rsp. This is very helpful in finding problems like this

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

XS0117 error

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

I really thought this was cause by space in the AEF name.

All my production AEF are all tight, no spaces, only VO samples do have it.

Thanks,

PS: the only show stopper now is the error message which is strange. See the attachment of previous post.

Rene
robert

XS0117 error

Post by robert »

Rene,

If you mean the error message about the missing fields "CompilerOptionXXX" in Vulcan.Runtime.State: this is caused by the fact that you have used a fairly old version of VulcanRT.
We had tested the compiler with Vulcan 2.0.12 and later and everything works as expected with these versions.
Chris has send me a copy of VulcanRT 2.0.7 and it is indeed missing certain fields that the compiler assumes are there.
We are working on a fix for this.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

XS0117 error

Post by rjpajaron »

Robert van der Hulst wrote:Rene,

If you mean the error message about the missing fields "CompilerOptionXXX" in Vulcan.Runtime.State: this is caused by the fact that you have used a fairly old version of VulcanRT.
We had tested the compiler with Vulcan 2.0.12 and later and everything works as expected with these versions.
Chris has send me a copy of VulcanRT 2.0.7 and it is indeed missing certain fields that the compiler assumes are there.
We are working on a fix for this.

Robert
Hi Robert,

I am in Vn205 and not willing to invest on Vulcan on its latest iteration, rather, I will out for your X# runtime instead.

Thanks for confirming that this is Vn specific issue due to old-runtime Vn version used.

--

Rene