XIDE / xSharp configuration

Forum dedicato ai programmatori di X# in lingua italiana – Italian language forum

Moderator: wriedmann

Gfb22

Post by Gfb22 »

Some configuration questions (apologies if surely trivial...)
1) References.
How should I do to include the RP2 DLLs in my project without having to insert them every time in the 'Properties/References/Browse disk for dll files'?
2) New import from VO.
For now I prefer to edit my apps in VO and then port to XIDE with VO-xPorter.
How can I "overwrite" the previous build without configuration changes?
3) Build version number.
Is there a way to automatically record a build number each time?
Thanks for your patience!
gfb
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Gian!

1. You can either go to the "Recent" page of the References tab of the app properties where the references you have added recently are listed and you can pick them quickly, or you can go to the XIDEConfig folder, edit the references.cfg file and add this at the end:

Code: Select all

SEPARATOR

NAME = bBrowser
FF = C:Program Files (x86)bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition)AssembliesbTools.bBrowser.dll
FF = C:Program Files (x86)bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition)AssembliesbTools.bServer.dll
(you may need to adjust the paths for your own bBrowser location of course)
Then, in the main References page of the app properties, click on the button "Select from template...", chose the bBrowser option and the references will be quickly added.

2. There's an option (checkbox) in VOXporter, "Don't overwrite project files if they already exist". Check that and the project files will remain as before.

3. Unfortunately there's not such an option, but I could implement it. How would you like this to work?

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Gfb22

Post by Gfb22 »

Hi Chris.
1) I added in the references.cfg file:

SEPARATOR

NAME = ReportPro2
FF = C:ReportPro2-XBinReportPro2.Base.dll
FF = C:ReportPro2-XBinReportPro2.English.dll
FF = C:ReportPro2-XBinReportPro2.Export.dll
FF = C:ReportPro2-XBinReportPro2.Runtime.dll
and then with "Select from template..." everything works. :-)
2) fine xPorter but in XIDE when I do "Add application' the message appears:
AddApp.jpg
AddApp.jpg (4.81 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
3) It would be helpful to have the build number in some variable that I can retrieve to put in the splash windows along with the version date.
Here is an example of my splash windows:
splash1.jpg
splash1.jpg (32.93 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
Thank you!
gfb
FFF

Post by FFF »

Guys,
re #3, [strike]someone[/strike] Kölndata Software GmbH provided a free plugin for Xide in 2018, see attchment
Attachments
Plugins_1.3.410.zip
(11.18 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Gfb22

Post by Gfb22 »

Thanks Karl.
Sorry for the trivial question: How should I insert your plugin in my Apps?
gfb
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Gian,

Maybe I did not understand you correctly, but why do you need to add the app again? If you check that option that I pointed out, doesn't the app remain part of the project, as it was before exporting again?

Karl, had totally forgot about that plugin, thanks for pointing it out! Maybe we should need to have a place in the downloads area for XIDE plugins..
Gina, to install the plugin, you just need to put the dll in the XIDEPlugins folder, but I can't remember exactly how to use that plugin, Karl can you please give some instructions?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
Gfb22

Post by Gfb22 »

"...why do you need to add the app again": I wasn't sure XIDE checked for changes every time without importing everything every time... Now everything is simpler. Thank you! :-)
-------------------------
Speaking of simplicity. From your Posts 3869 dated November 1, 2022 regarding INDEX ON Command: "...The above directive will be cleaned up and will be properly added to the standard X# macros in one of the next builds...". Some news? I keep leaving this definition in the beginning of mine prg and It's ok.

Thank you and ...Happy Easter! :-)

gfb
Chris

Post by Chris »

Happy Easter to you, too!
We may have forgotten about the INDEX ON issues..Can you please give a link to that thread?

Edit: Nevermind, found it, it was this post https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/italian/321 ... t=20#24313 and the problems reported in that thread are fixed now. Are you still seeing any related issues in the latest build?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
Gfb22

Post by Gfb22 »

If I leave the definition at the beginning of the .prg file everything is ok; if I remove the definition the line:

INDEX ON (GESOIND->CHIAVE) TAG (AllTrim(GESOIND->NOMEORD)) TO (cNomeCDX ) Eval {||oSelf:DoProgress( 2 )} EVERY 10 DESCENDING
show this error.
error XS9111: The error is most likely related to the token 'INDEX' that was used at this location. 104,4 CreaIndici.prg Sub_ProgDial:DoIndex
error XS9002: Parser: unexpected input '.T.' 104,118 CreaIndici.prg Sub_ProgDial:DoIndex
Compilation failed (2 errors)
gfb
Chris

Post by Chris »

OK, thanks, it's because of the DESCENDING tag, this was not included in the previous report. Will log that as well so it's fixed.
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu