silent but still around !

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi friends and colleagues,

As you will be well aware, I have been quiet for a while now. However, I have been visiting the forum each day and reading all the news and issues etc.. Makes a change for me to be a silent 'lurker'!

Unfortunately, due to Julie's mother dying early last Sunday, I will be out of action and not using X# for a few more weeks. The funeral is not yet scheduled and we have 600 miles plus to cover to attend, and stay with close family.

It looks as though many of you are making great progress with your move over to X# and .NET, so power to your elbows ;-0)

In early autumn I have promised to help Alwyn (Jennings-Bramly) to move all of his 3D apps from Vulcan to X#, so no doubt I will need to call on some of your knowledge and experience when the time comes.

I still intend to personally write a fully based X# and .NET version of a report generator and printer, based on my working and tested Printer class. So watch this space in the autumn.

Hope you all have a nice summer break / holiday. The current weather in the UK is crap - we have had some nice sunny spells previously however, so can't complain.

Best Regards,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Phil,

Just read this post - I still prefer NG's above forums as it's much easier not to miss postings.

Our condolences to you and Julie.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Thanks Dick,

I will pass on your (and Elke's) message to Julie.

We are off to the North East of England in the morning (Sunday). Funeral is Tuesday morning, just before midday. AT least it will be a good and sizeable family gathering. We will all be meeting up in a nice old period property (house) very close to Durham Cathedral - which is a wonderful place.

Speak again when we return.

Phil.
rwooters

Post by rwooters »

Phil,

On behalf my family and my self I extend my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Thanks,

To you and all my friends.

The funeral and wake went off well. In many ways it was a joyous occasion to celebrate almost 92 years of a fruitful life. In others of cause it was sad and emotional.

A good send-off !

Best regards to all.

I am starting to get my head into what I may develop and create in X#, for Cologne 2018 in April of next year.

Phil.