We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
MJI

Post by MJI »

Hello, just found this forum, been using Clipper since the 80s and VO for last couple decades
Martin
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Martin,
and welcome on board.
If you need any info about X#, please feel free to ask, I'm sure someone will reply :)

Fab.
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
MJI

Post by MJI »

Thanks Fabrice

We are sticking with VO until a full SQL driven dot net system has been done, I am assisitng on that as I am still full time on our current project, and the want to make sure younger staff fully understand the system.

However our newer staff were suprised how powerful VO is and the performance of ADS.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

HI Martin,

Exporting your VO App to X# will provide you a "real" DotNet application.
And you can extend it with any library that comes from DotNet (C#, VB.Net,...), or you move your business logic to an X# Library and "consume" it from any Dotnet Application.
Most of VO third party are available in an X# version (Ads, ReportPro,...) so it should be ok :)

Fab.
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

MJI post=26448 userid=7961 wrote:Thanks Fabrice

We are sticking with VO until a full SQL driven dot net system has been done, I am assisitng on that as I am still full time on our current project, and the want to make sure younger staff fully understand the system.

However our newer staff were suprised how powerful VO is and the performance of ADS.
Hi Martin,

Welcome on board I am sure you will see we are a vibrant community.

Just a question you still believe ADS is the viable solution when there are so many open source RDBMS systems available?