ReportPro 2.39 user guide?

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
jonhn

Post by jonhn »

I'm looking for some examples of how to lay a report out "correctly" if there is such a thing. Using 2.39.04 with X#

The main thing I'm trying to fix is the layout on a multi-page quotation with a summary at the end. I want the list of products to go to the bottom of each page until the last page where the footer / summary band has the final details.

What I'm getting is the list of products on each page only extends as far as where the final summary band will be on the final page, so only 2/3 of each page is used and a blank patch of 1/3 of the page at the bottom.
That's just one aspect of my finished product I don't like, there are plenty more aspects I'd tidy up if there is a guide somewhere.
I've attached the report.rpt

​​​​​​​Thanks!

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (57.26 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
HireForm.zip
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
robert

Post by robert »

You write footer / summary band.
These make a huge difference.
The footer is printed on every page.
The summary is printed after all rows were printed.

From what I see in your image you have used the footer for this.
You should move that to the summary, or create a group on an expression that is constant during the report (for example a literal number) and move the data to the summary for that group.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu