ADS 5068 AE_NO_CURRENT_RECORD ERROR on append()

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
thilef

Post by thilef »

Hi to all,
Some of my users reports sometimes a strange 5068 error (no Current Record) when adding a new record with Append() on an Ads Dbf table.
It only happens on one table while the application manages more than 20 tables.
In my code, when the error occurs, I've add lines to close the dbf, reopen it and try again an append(), but this second append fails also with the same message.
When the user tries again few minutes later, this works fine.

Note that there no trace of this error in the ADS log file.

Does anyone have an idea of the origin of this problem?

Thanks to any help

Thierry
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Thierry,

I searched for this error in our documentation; it seems that we hadn't met this error yet. The ADS help file is not really helpful here ("There is no current record." is all you can find). A few attempts which may help you find the cause:

Could it be a access right issue? I see an error with the same text here https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/top ... 0cf122818c or here https://www.stellarinfo.com/article/how ... record.php; referring to MS Access. Also I found this in an update summary for version 9.10.0.35:

=smallerFixed a spurious 5068 error when creating referential integrity rules.

It's not much help but again, it may help you find a cause.

Dick
WillNitschke

Post by WillNitschke »

My reply is not going to be overly helpful but it is what it is. We have seen this error in our own error logs infrequently, typically at specific sites only, using the ADS Client Engine API. Our best guess is it relates to a communication failure of some type between client and server.
thilef

Post by thilef »

Hi Will & Dick,
Thanks for your help. I will go deeper on your suggestions !
This error is very strange, as it occurs only on this table ! In the same time, when the error happen, access to other tables seem to be normal...

Thierry

ic2

Post by ic2 »

Are you using DBF files? 
In that case I would try to rebuild the offending DBF file for the clients where it goes wrong. E.g. by creating a new empty exported structure and importing data using a tool like dbMax or the Advantage Data Architect.

Especially when there are memo fields in the dbf a corruption sounds likely.

Dick
thilef

Post by thilef »

Yes, the tables are dbf files.
Indeed, memo files coud be corrupted. I will try to rebuild the table. Good idea !

Thierry