Stepping into the XSharp World.

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
sergiosouzalima

Stepping into the XSharp World.

Post by sergiosouzalima »

Hello everyone,

I'm Sergio, a professional approaching 60 with over 30 years of experience in the IT sector.
My journey began in the vibrant tech landscape of the 80s and 90s, where I worked with Clipper,
starting from the Summer '87 version through to Clipper 5.2.

Those years laid a strong foundation for my career, immersing me in database development,
which became my main focus for a significant part of my career.

In more recent years, I transitioned into roles involving data modeling and developing
systems using the MUMPS/Caché language, continuously adapting and expanding my skill
set to stay relevant in the ever-evolving IT landscape.

A few days ago, I stumbled upon XSharp, and it piqued my interest more than Harbour,
with which I had been experimenting recently.

As someone who is always eager to learn and grow, I am excited to delve deeper into
what XSharp has to offer.

As I embark on this new learning journey, I am reaching out to this community for guidance
and resources.

Could anyone recommend an up-to-date video or tutorial to help me get started with
installing and configuring X#?

Additionally, I am curious to know if a setup with Windows 10 and Visual Studio would
suffice to work with XSharp, particularly in the Harbour dialect.

I appreciate any insights or advice you can share, and I look forward to engaging with
this community and learning from all of you.

Thank you!
Sergio.