Runtime requirements of ported VO Application

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
richpilks

Post by richpilks »

Hi All

I have finally jumped into trying to port one of my VO applications. I have downloaded and installed VS 2017 and the latest public release of X#.
I used the VOxporter to port from the AEF file. When I try to compile it gives an error saying it cannot find Appwizcctl16.man
I can not see this anywhere in the code. Have I done something wrong, missed a step?
There are also items under references that have a yellow triangle and names like VulcanRT and VulcanVORDDClasses.
These are what makes me think that there are missing runtime files.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Regards
Richard
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Richard,

cctl16.man is used in a resource file (.rc), its name should be the same with the resource entity name which uses this file, in the VO version of the app. Normally the VOXporter should had automatically adjusted this path, but maybe it did not find it because VO is not installed in this PC? In any case, you can copy the cctl16.man file from the VOAppWiz folder of a PC with VO installed to any folder in your local machine, update the .rc file to point to this file and it should be ok.

About the missing references, until we provide our x# runtime, you currently need the vulcan runtime dlls in order to build VO-stlyle apps with x#. If you don't a license for it, you can just download and install the trial version of vulcan for that, any version should do.

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
richpilks

Post by richpilks »

Hi Chris

Many thanks for the quick answers. I will tackle it again this evening.

I have downloaded the trial version of Vulcan as suggested. My VO was not installed with a path (just copied from old PC) so I have changed the location in the manifest file and the error is now gone.

(apologies for delay in answering).
Richard
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Richard,

In this case, you can edit the VOXporter.ini file in the XSharpVOXPorter folder and set the VOFOLDER ini entry to the location of your VO folder. This way the tool will know about it, for the next time you port an app or sample.

Chris

ps. please don't worry answering very quickly, with our very busy lives of course it's normal to often take some time to respond.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu