Windows 10 - Address Book and list printing (app?)

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi guys,

Amazing that in today's very technical world I have to ask this question ;-0(

All I require is a simple to use app for Windows 10 which allows me to enter and maintain personal details like address, phone, email etc.

I then wish to print out sorted list details (yes, to a real hard wired printer) to go in a folder for my wife and family - you know, like we used to do for decades.

Looking at the People app and other related stuff I have on my desktop I seem to have lost this facility - certainly the list printing.

Yes, I do have a nice printed list - BUT - it is years out of date, and I don't know how I produced it back then. Its not my own Vulcan.NET code as the icon for each Lettered (A,B,C ....) section is not mine.

Please don't advise me to use Excel ;-0(

What has happened to the world ? Windows 1.1 had a handy little 'Card File' system, very usable, remember back then ?

HELP !!!

Best regards,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
Frank Maraite

Post by Frank Maraite »

Hi,

this is what I found, not used oder downloaded. Did you try it?

http://www.geert.com/CardFile.htm

Frank
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Thanks Frank,

I tried it and it is a little primitive, but a good effort by a self confessed Biology student.

Problem for me was that in my small test card file I made 4 cards and after an issue saving the cardfile appeared to have lost all but the first one.

Also the method / approach for printing was to copy the file contents to the clipboard and then use a Windows app like Notepad to print the contents to the printer.

looks like I will have to write my own and handle the printing myself - possibly a useful example for a Cologne session on Printing ;-0) ???

Thanks again,
Phil.