Free Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition (value $ 2000)

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
ic2

Post by ic2 »

A while ago I was checking out some toolkits offering controls etc. and I guess for getting some info I was on the mailing list of Syncfusion. Totally forgotten about them but curious what again it was I found out that for small companies - they call less than $ 1 million and <5 developers small- you can get there suite totally for free, including support.

I checked out of a few comments and it doesn't really seem to have a catch. I think this will eventually be a big problem for companies like Infragistics, DevExpress or Telerik.

What you get is the Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition version v15.3.0.26 which costs $ 1995,- (many 1000's of dollars if you would buy the components seperately).

One of the articles: https://superdevresources.com/syncfusion-free-license/

Their website: https://www.syncfusion.com/

I just applied. Let's see what I can do with it. First view of the VS program showing the available UWP controls is impressive.

Dick
Last edited by Frank Maraite on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FFF

Post by FFF »

Had a look, applied, got already a key - now, only to know what to do with it all ;)

K.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Thanks Dick,

A good find indeed ;-0)

Please keep us informed of your progress - oh! sorry to hear that you gross less than a million dollars, now I know why I always buy the drinks :P

Cheers,
Phil.
Frank Maraite

Post by Frank Maraite »

Hi Dick,

thanks for this. I'm sure I will use it.

Frank

PS to Phil: Yes, I tried to make a million bucks a few times but failed alwasy :(
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Phil,
oh! sorry to hear that you gross less than a million dollars, now I know why I always buy the drinks
But with the products I can make with this great library my turnover will rise so much I can buy you a drink! But it probably means that you have to organize a Devshare again in the UK one day.;)

I'll post the same message about the free Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition in comp.lang.

Please give our regards to Julie!
Dick
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Dick,

I was thinking about possibly doing another 'DevShare' if Robert is in agreement - no promises yet though.

Maybe early October next year - to keep 6 months apart from the Cologne conference.

This all depends on others, and finding a good and FREE / cheap venue.

Best regards,
Phil.
robert

Post by robert »

Phil,

That would be great !
Of course I agree with that.
Did you talk with Mike B already about a venue ?

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Robert,

No it has just come to my mind to do something positive about an X# meeting of minds. I have not contacted anyone before this last post.

One of the things which got me to give up organising 'DevShare' was the diversity of the interests of the attendees. It was difficult to keep all the balls in the air, or the plates spinning on the sticks ;-0)

If we do find a venue for another 'DevShare' in early autumn 2018 then I would wish it to be focused on X# entirely, and closely related technologies.

Lets see how things progress, and whether we can get enough interested guys to promise to attend.

Speak soon,
Phil.
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Phil,
Lets see how things progress, and whether we can get enough interested guys to promise to attend.
I think that's a good starting point. Try to publish a time frame and ask who will commit for sure and who will come probably. If the "commits" and say 40-50% of the "maybes" are not enough then you shouldn't proceed. I certainly commit but depending on the 'when'..

Dick
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Dick,

in the last years we have tried several times to organize an event about Vulcan here in Italy, but have failed because there was not enough interested people.
Here in Italy there are a lot of VO programmers, but there were to few interested in a short conference. Maybe when people sees the need to convert their VO applications to X#, this may change, and we will retry.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it