Making progress this Autumn and Winter - X# eNotes

Public forum to share code snippets, screen shorts, experiences, etc.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi again guys,

I am glad to be back and at my keyboard coding again. As some of you may know I have been woodworking a lot, and also recently had an accident, so I now have only 9.5 fingers to type with - patience Dick, Karl and Wolfgang ;-0) It is the top of my little finger on my left hand - rotary planers do not say sorry, and do damage in 0.5 seconds !

Now then, back to business.

I intend to try and fill-out as many sections of the eNotes that I started back in April 2017, on X#, as the image shows the title is 'ClickStartXSharp' and already I have added some more sections and contents from when I first mentioned the project, way back then.

Here is how it looks today :-
ClickStartXSharp.jpg
ClickStartXSharp.jpg (107.02 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Obviously, I will first concentrate on adding details related to the work I am doing while preparing my session material for the German April 2018 Cologne conference. This will be based around printing, reporting with .NET code, QR matrix printing as well as all things Array and Collection based. See Meinhard's web site for full details of the conference.

I have already started to add details relating to the CSV Address Book app., and the reports I will code and print from it too. Obviously, I will use suitable Collections as well as some arrays.

Hope this interests a few of you guys, and I will try to make the eNote material available to Pear readers as time rolls along. Yes, I will not hold it back until it is complete etc.. It is now and soon that we in the X# community need it, so no delays. And YES, I use these eNotes myself, all the time in fact - there is just far too much we need to remember. That's why I forget things like syntax for Character definition ;-0)

Details and contents will all be 100% X#, and no C# anywhere, I promise :P

If you think there is a topic / section which needs to be included and so far is not, then drop me an email. I can't guarantee that I am good enough to write it - BUT - I can at least have a go, or even ask a friend to help out !

Best regards,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Taking this a little further I have made a new folder in my OneDrive system and have given you all a shared link.

Please give it a test out.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiCBl-gBWjY9hcxoOaI3domPJifO4g

I intend to keep publishing and uploading newer ClickStart versions as I work through the Autumn/Winter.

I suggest you keep clear of the CHM file and try first the zipped one of this CHM file. I seem to remember in the past Dick and other friends having issues with CHM file via OneDrive.

Some fingers crossed,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
FFF

Post by FFF »

FYI, got both rar and chm. The latter needs an explicit "Allow" in "properties", then it even shows content ;)

9.5 fingers? Bad for piano...
Hopefully soon cured!

HAND
Karl
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Karl,

Only the 9.5 will get cured - other 0.5 went into the dust extraction system ASAP - quick like.

Now down to just below the nail. Not really a lot of pain - just the shock of the finality of it all ;-0)

Will survive !
Cheers,
Phil.