Latest version (96) of 'ClickStartXSharp' link ...

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi folks,

Earlier in a post to Robert I said I would post a link to my latest version of the ClickStart eNotes on 'XSharp'.

Well, keeping my promise to Robert, here it is :-

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiCBl-gBWjY9hcxoOaI3domPJifO4g

If anyone thinks there are any fundamental sections missing, then please let me know.

I am aware that many sections and sub-sections are lacking, or empty - BUT - this is a HUGE task and I do feel as if I have added a load of stuff already.

Remember that in CHM files the search facility is wonderful, much better than having only an Index or Contents.

Please realise that there is not a serial approach to 'XSharp' knowledge, so the order of sections is relatively arbitrary. I have simply put things (stuff) together that seems to make good sense.

Please reply to this if you think you have something positive to add or say.

Cheers,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
FFF

Post by FFF »

Phil,
got chm, "allowed" it, works fine, thx.

But, as this thing evolves, and as there is no "diff" to see only "new" or modified parts, it starts to get a bit cumbersome to study ;-)

Seeing the sheer amount, and also, wrt to your "non serial" approach, i wonder, if it wouldn't be a good thing trying to "integrate" all of this in some sort of wiki or similiar, starting to get sort of a comprehensive documentation for X#.

No, it's not friday ;)

Karl
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Karl,

I know exactly what you mean, but I can't at the moment think of a better and/or easy way to improve what I write.

For myself, I just use the search facility in the CHM.

Because I find out X# stuff from the work I am doing, in some sort of a crazy random fashion, I just record working code with simple explanations as I go along, in a semi organised section / subsection way.

If it were any harder (more difficult) to do than at present, then any fun would go out of the exercise for me. Then that would mean no work recorded at all.

I can't think of any easy way to just show a list, or highlight, of the material added - AND - I often 'add-to' stuff already there.

Overall its not an easy task, and without three screens it would be a nightmare!

Difficult ol' world :silly: :blink: :huh:

Regards,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
Frank Maraite

Post by Frank Maraite »

Hi Phil, Karl,

I downloaded (thanks Phil) but don't see anything on the right. The index is ok, I can search, but nothing to read.

What is the trick? Using Win10 Pro 1709 16299.98.

Frank
FFF

Post by FFF »

right click on the file in explorer, properties - "allow access" should do ;)
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Frank Maraite

Post by Frank Maraite »

Karl,

thanks. Works now.

Frank