new version 1.1.1.0 - testing in Wales, UK

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Chris,

You may remember that I had to drop back to using version 1.02 with 1.03 update a little while back. For the weeks after uninstalling 1.1 I had VS 2015 working without real issues and did a lot of work on my conference material for Cologne 2018. No probs !

However, now that 1.1.1.0 is available I am having another go / effort at moving forward.

I will keep details / notes on any issues I see - for you, and report them back.

At the moment things seem pretty good - BUT - I have not done a lot of things so far today - so fingers crossed, all 9.5 of them ;-0)

Glad to see that Greek guys have a sense of humour ('ice') when Dutch guys don't it would seem ;-0)

Regards,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Phil,

Oh well, I love British humor! And I am trying to apply it to Greek language as well. Although sometimes people want to kill me for it :)

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
NickFriend

Post by NickFriend »

Very dangerous ground trying to get humour to pass across the language barrier... my marriage has only just survived my numerous attempts to do this over the years!

Nick
robert

Post by robert »

Phil,

So I miss one joke in 30 years of doing business, and now all Dutch guys have no humor ? :lol:

Robert
@ Barcelona Airport
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ArneOrtlinghaus

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

Testing new version 1.1.1.0 in South Tyrol/Italy shows that everything works as expected.
We can try keep on sliding on the thin ice that has brought the weather yesterday night. :P

Arne
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi,

from Meran/South Tyrol/Italy: the version 1.1.1.0 works as expected on my test and production projects.
So I can say that applications built with this compiler release will go in production today.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Chris and Team,

After a lot more testing and general use I have to say that the 1.1.1.0 version is working very well in WPF apps, as far as I can tell to date.

It is noticeably better and superior to the previous version - for what I was doing.

However, by pure chance a few minutes ago I think I have discovered a small issue. Possibly?

The following image shows that I have Case Sensitivity set 'ON' - this is because I got used to C# over a few years and liked the idea.
ModernXSharp_02.jpg
ModernXSharp_02.jpg (33.45 KiB) Viewed 243 times
However, when I noticed some working code in an image I made for my eNotes and material for Cologne 2018, I see the following on lines 47 and 52 :-
ModernXSharp_01.jpg
ModernXSharp_01.jpg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 243 times
Have I misunderstood what Case Sensitive means ? I thought I should get a compiler error because I have 'f' and 'F' - but the app compiled and ran - and give the right results.

The casual Forum readers may notice that the .NET code in X# syntax seems very modern in many respects. Yes, just a few lines doing me a useful job, and yet we have many variations of how to declare a local variable, WPF data binding, LINQ query statement using an Anonymous Type and the VERY useful 'Let' clause allowing some string handling / processing, within the query statement.

Obviously this code is using Collections.

It is so GREAT to see that this can all be done in the latest X#, I am VERY impressed with what we can do, and the general look / feel of X# syntax coding at this end - yes, it all works even in Wales, UK.

Some pointers on the Case Sensitivity would be NICE ;-0)

Regards,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Phil,

PMFJI, but AFAIK the case sensitivity is not yet implemented (and also Frank is waiting for it).

Please look in the comments here: https://www.xsharp.eu/articles/xsharp-anjou-build-1-02

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Phil,

It's what Wolfgang said, case sensitivity is not implemented yet, that's why it's grayed in the project properties window. It's not trivial to implement that, and we have some other items in the todo list (see: x# runtime!) that have very high priority, so I am afraid it will have to wait a bit.

Thanks for your feedback about the rest, glad X# is working well for you.

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Thanks Wolfgang,

BUT - that means I may have a few error to correct in the future ;-0)

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Phil.

P.S. if anyone is interested to know what I am doing, then it is for a section of the eNotes on using Reflection to examine Assemblies, to find Enums in the first instance, and then be able to select any Enum from any chosen DLL and see the options for the Enum selected.

Obviously I an also looking at Enums from a Framework, and personal business app point of view. In doing this research I am trying to code the way I will be presenting material in X# syntax at the Cologne conference in April 2018.

Needless to say I am learning a LOT !!!

However did I manage without LINQ - thanks Nick for the encouragement ;) :whistle: